Joining TWG means working on incredible projects, mastering your craft, enjoying competitive benefits and working among the best in your field.
Our growing team and client base need strong design leadership. You have a vision for what an empowered Product Design team can achieve and are passionate about helping guide that vision to fruition. You love innovating with impactful product strategy, an iterative design process and you’re ready to challenge your team and clients to do the right thing.
We’re looking for a Design Lead experienced in end-to-end, human-centered design. Market and user research, information architecture, prototyping, user experience design, interface design, and testing are fundamental to the role. Mentorship, team and project leadership, and sales support are also important aspects of the position.
Together, TWG’s diverse team of designers, engineers, strategists, and leaders collaborate to create impactful change for inspiring non-profits, dynamic start-ups, public services, and large enterprises that drive our economy.
About the Job
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously from ideation to execution
- Apply HCD principles and strategic design thinking to transform systems and services, and create cross-platform, multi-channel digital experiences
- Bolster a collaborative, creative environment that embraces experimentation and learning on projects
- Actively collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and other team members to conceive and ship transformative experiences
- Direct project design outputs through constructive and critical feedback, hands-on contributions, and strategic communication
- Collaborate with design managers to develop designer’s skills and capabilities
- Contribute to defining and improving our design culture of critiques, testing, research and education, while helping to guide the future of TWG’s design process
- Contribute to managing client relationships, advocate for TWG’s design process
- Share what you learn with the team to help us continuously improve
- A dynamic career history rooted in design
- A portfolio of projects or case studies describing your best work
- Demonstrations of past projects, explorations, and design treatments that communicate the goals, process, and outcomes of your work
- Experience in a design leadership role
- Experience balancing multiple projects with variable requirements and team compositions
- Experience in client-facing presentations and scope negotiation
- Experience facilitating design workshops
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, and Invision
Nice to Have
- Experience working with the public sector, large enterprise, and start-ups
- Experience with contemporary interaction design tools
- A passion for content creation such as illustration, copywriting, photography, public speaking or any other special skills that flex your creative muscles
- Design team management experience
- You’ve got excellent communication skills and a proven ability to convey and debate design strategy
- You champion customer’s needs, motivations and behaviours, and can translate that empathy into actionable deliverables
- You have finely honed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and switch contexts without friction
- Your attention to detail lets nothing slip through the cracks
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
TWG is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.
- Flexible office hours
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid personal days
- Hybrid benefits plan with health spending account
- Paid phone plan
- Computer hardware program
- Group RRSP program
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture
- Stocked kitchen
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office