MetaCommunications is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer to help build a revolutionary new product for Meta’s highly regarded client base. You will be part of a dynamic, high performing team engaged in a challenging effort to produce a best-in-class application. Our team is committed to leveraging leading edge modern coding practices, UI/UX design techniques, DevOps processes, and elegant architecture and design patterns. Your contribution to this effort will be one of the keys to our success as a company. This is a unique opportunity to learn and work alongside the best of the industry. Open to remote working.
At MetaCommunications, we make the productivity and workflow management solutions trusted by the world’s top marketing teams to deliver amazing creative work. We’re driving to innovate and we’re always looking for talented, enthusiastic new colleagues to help us change the way marketers work. Headquartered in vibrant Iowa City, IA, our customers include brands such as Ralph Lauren, T.J. Maxx, Mercedes-Benz and Pfizer.
Our Meta team members are committed to innovation, flexibility, and collaboration. We rely on a functional organization format where managers are responsible for particular company functions while also working as team players to support other functions. We strive to continually improve our products and services with convenience, security, and reliability for the customer as our key goals. Our team members are expected to be versatile, flexible, energetic team players.
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Meta team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven and support flexible schedules when needed.
MetaCommunications is a leader in providing innovative project management software for the world’s best creative teams. Our mission is simple: to build great products that make the best creative teams as productive as possible.
MetaCommunications is expanding our Engineering Department and looking for a Senior Software Engineer (backend) to join our team. We are looking for an ASP.NET/C# Web Application Developer who wants to join a small, productive team of developers. This is a Full Time position. A qualified candidate will have demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and maintaining web applications using ASP.NET and C# with an MS SQL Server backend. We encounter complex problems that require creative solutions, so the more skills that can be brought to the table, the better.
The range of products and the large number of customers we’ve earned means there are a wide variety of technologies to work with, and a steady flow of exciting projects. Our services are mission critical to hundreds of companies, and serve thousands of visitors each month.
Individuals who succeed in this position are exceptional at sharing information, enthusiastic, learn quickly and seek opportunities for developing themselves and the team around them. We’re looking for someone who isn’t scared of the unknown and likes pushing the envelope. No day will look the same, but you will always be expected to rise to the occasion and overcome challenges.
If you join our team, you will:
· Responsible for design and development of new products and enhancements to existing applications in ASP.NET/C#
· Collaborate with the Support team - offering rotating assistance, which is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes, and optimizing production applications.
· Utilize your broad experience in all stages of the software development lifecycle, as you will be involved in design, scoping, building development plans, development, and deployment preparation
· Comfortable and experienced using & operating in an Agile/SCRUM environment
Need to have:
- At least 5 years of software development experience building web applications or SaaS solutions with ASP.NET using C# and MVC
- .NET Core 2.0, .NET Core Identity
- Proven experience working with a Commercial SaaS Product
- SQL Programming (TSQL, Stored Procedures, Database Design), MS SQL Server / PostgreSQL
- Experience with JSON / XML, JWT
- Web services experience specifically Web Api
- Source control software usage, Git / GitFlow
- Ability to work with teammates to translate requirements into tangible, best-fit, high-performance solutions
- Self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize tasks, set goals, and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and good self-QA methodologies
- Comfort in a team setting with an active interchange of ideas.
- Enthusiasm, good attitude, ingenuity, and care for teammates and customers alike
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- ORM: LLBLGen, Entity Framework
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Ability to quickly absorb and utilize new concepts
- Continuous Integration / Dev Ops
- Docker / Kubernetes