Who we are
We’re a small team that wants to make quality end-of-life planning easy and affordable for everyone. We’re ambitious, resourceful, and humble, and we want to work with talented people who will make us better.
Since launching, we’ve made incredible progress. We built an initial product that’s been used by more than 350,000 people; we passed legislation that brings end-of-life planning into the 21st century; and we built partnerships with the top legal minds in the country, including leading experts at Harvard and Yale Law Schools.
We are well-funded by some of the best technology investors in the world, including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Accomplice, Ashton Kutcher, and 500 Startups.
Why we exist
Death leaves loved ones with an expensive mess at the worst possible time. Most property will have to pass through a lengthy court process that requires attorneys, complicated legal paperwork, and lots of fees. On average, this takes at least six months and costs thousands of dollars. On top of that, disputes can arise over extremely sensitive questions, like who gets what property, or who should raise one’s minor children. All of this while people are grieving.
We exist because we believe things don’t need to be this way — it can all be avoided if people plan. We believe in the power of technology and design to make planning so easy that everyone does it.
Who you are
You are passionate about design and care deeply about the wants, needs, and experiences of our customers. You have a strong work ethic and a unique ability to turn customer insights into compelling visual and interactive design experiences that people love. You enjoy being a key member of a small team that moves quickly.
You’re punctual and you take deadlines very seriously. You don’t mind working late to achieve big goals. You’re thoughtful and you have opinions. You’re confident enough to speak up and challenge the status quo, and humble enough to know that you have a lot to learn.
- Strong background (2+ years) in visual design, interaction design, and user experience
- Experience working with teams to build products that have been shipped to real-world users
- Experience creating visual mockups using Sketch or similar tools
- Experience creating prototypes using Invision, Flino, Framer or similar tools
- Understanding of competing design methodologies and processes
- Ability to clearly and convincingly communicate design decisions and tradeoffs
What you will do
You will be ultimately responsible for design at Willing. You will own the end-to-end look and feel of all of our customer experiences, including our external website, web app, content hub, and email and advertising campaigns. You will be a key connector between our customers, product owner, and technical team to ensure we’re creating experiences our customers love.
Core responsibilities include:
- Sketching interactions and interfaces to help create new features, displays, and ideas
- Iterating on ideas and building clickable prototypes for internal reviews and user tests
- Conducting user tests and collecting structured information to inform smart decisions
- Working closely with product leads and developers to see through implementation of new features
- Choosing and collaborating with external design partners to augment capacity, as necessary
- Building a strong design culture at Willing
What you should expect
You will receive competitive compensation, along with benefits including health insurance, work meals on the house, delicious food and snacks in the office, open vacation policy, sweet technology, and fun colleagues who value good design.
This will be a rewarding experience you will remember for the rest of your life.
How to get in touch
- Free meals at work
- WeWork office space
- Health insurance