About Us – Please allow us to introduce ourselves
Sir Kensington’s is a food innovation company, best known for making condiments with character. We work to bring integrity and charm to ordinary and overlooked food. Beginning in 2010, we realized that while food was evolving, condiments weren’t. So, we decided to make them better, starting with ketchup. Since then, we launched mayonnaise, mustard, and Fabanaise, and gained a cult following. Now, you can find our condiments in hundreds of leading restaurants, thousands of leading retailers, and millions of meal kit boxes across the country. But we’re just getting started. We aim to be America’s leading natural condiment brand, and we need your help.
In April of 2017, Sir Kensington’s joined Unilever, the leading progressive global consumer products company. With them, we’re part of a family of global brands helping to define the future of good food and good business. With access to Unilever’s resources and expertise, we will continue to operate independently from our SoHo headquarters.
About the Role –When you aren’t eating this is what you will do…
Sir Kensington’s is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our New York-based condiment brand. Sir Kensington’s has been a design-driven company from our founding, and crucial to how we distinguish ourselves in the market. In this role, you will work within the marketing team, leading the design team to produce creative across a wide range of media. As Sir Kensington’s continues to grow, we are seeking a Senior Designer to help participate in the brand and design strategy, and to ensure consistency of aesthetic across all channels. This role will report to Sir Kensington’s Brand Director, and one graphic designer will report into you.
· Work as both an individual designer and art director for all creative produced by Sir Kensington’s
· Be a creative voice in all marketing projects, responsible for creative direction in packaging, event installations, digital, social, print, photography, apparel, and occasionally video
· Design, illustrate, and photograph various assets to support marketing campaigns,
· sales meetings, and other customer needs.
· Maintain and evolve Sir Kensington’s positioning through design, creating a culturally resonant and memorable visual style
This role is based in New York City.
About You – Necessary ingredients
The ideal candidate will bring his or her own skill and taste to the table. You are proactive especially when developing new and original ideas, love to problem-solve with design, have a strong eye for typography, and most importantly, are passionate about design and food. You have a general understanding of branding, and knowledge of basic photography and food styling is a plus.
· 5+ years of experience as a designer or hands-on art director
· Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and Lightroom).
· A generalist rather than a specialist, with a good eye and ability to produce compelling illustration, typography, and photography work, across various media
· Strong portfolio demonstrating examples of both digital and print design, with three dimensional or packaging design a plus
· Comfort working in a deadline-driven environment, with a proven ability to develop and deliver product in timely manner and to handle multiple projects at once.
· Comfort taking strategic direction, giving feedback, and navigating multiple points of view.
· Motivated self-starter; extreme attention to detail (ability to catch typos in label proofs)
· Demonstrated passion to work with a purpose-driven brand
· Love of food required!
The Special Sauce – Figuratively speaking (though we also make special sauce)
If you’re looking for an entrepreneurial, fast-paced startup environment, you’ll thrive at Sir Kensington’s. But there’s more to it than that. If you’re naturally curious and seek to contribute at a purpose-driven food company, you’ll feel at home here. We extend Sir Kensington’s ethos of “integrity and charm” into the way we work.
· Opportunity to contribute at a fast growing and entrepreneurial company
· All the condiments (with character) you can eat
· A supportive environment which values profession development, personal
responsibility, and candor
· Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), restaurant and wellness stipend,
unlimited snacks, and more.
Sir Kensington’s Mission and Values
To bring integrity and charm to ordinary and overlooked food.
1— Our secret ingredient is people.
Our work is teamwork. We foster a supportive environment where our team works with a sense of purpose, potential, and play.
2 — We act with honor, even when no one is looking.
We take pride in our work, delivering on our own sense of potential at every opportunity. Our workmanship is evidence of who we are.
3 — We make condiments with character.
Our products are the most tangible manifestation of our work. They are a reflection of our unique philosophy and distinguished by what we call “Kensington Quality.”
4 — We think long term
We move quickly, but are patient enough to make big things happen. In all parts of our business, we build genuine, lasting relationships.
Equal Opportunity Employment
As Sir Kensington’s first value states, our secret ingredient is people. We seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures to better serve our diverse community of customers.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
If this sounds like a job for you, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Designer.”
health insurance, 401(k), restaurant and wellness stipend, unlimited snacks, and more