Who is Lucid?
Establised in 2000 in New Zealand, Lucid is a small creative agency specialising in branding, design, and development.
We are a passionate team of pragmatic minimalists—with a strong focus on integrity, creative thinking, and intentional simplicity.
Shopify Experts since the beginning, we have been setting up Shopify sites, designing and customising themes, and building custom apps and integrations since 2006.
The most important thing for us is to fully understand the problems you are looking to solve so we can determine if we are the best fit to help your business grow.
We have offices in New Zealand and New York City.
The role we are looking to fill
We have been going through a period of growth and are taking on increasingly large and complex design and development projects—mostly Shopify-related but also standalone web apps.
In order to better manage these increasingly complex projects—giving us the best chance of a successful outcome—and helping us expand the value we add to clients and our role in their growth, we are looking to take on digital strategist in our New York office.
The role is a varied one and will potentially cover the entire lifecycle of a project—from pre-sales conversations with prospective clients through scoping and quoting to execution, project management, delivery, and beyond.
The role involves liasing with and managing every aspect of the project from client interactions and expectations to team workload, tasks, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
Who we’re looking for
We are a small, creative, design-lead team. We’re looking for someone who is…
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Friendly and outgoing—and people-oriented
- Pedantic about the details
- A thinker and problem-solver
- Comfortable working through murky project requirements and demystifying them into attainable goals!
- Up for challenges and diversity in their role
- Experienced managing local and remote teams
- Experienced in project management with at least a couple years in a similar role
- A wizard with Asana and Harvest
- Excited about technology and design
- Motivated to do meaningful work and make a difference
- Trustworthy, honest, and reliable
- Inspired by the role of project manager!
Ideal but not dealbreakers…
- UX/UI experience
- Shopify experience—either as a partner or expert or as a merchant
- An eye for design
- Understanding of API’s and how systems and apps can be inter-connected
- Experience in sales, team management, and/or product design and development
- Agency experience
- You enjoy keeping up with what’s happening at Shopify and in ecommerce and tech in general
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
MacBook Pro. Generous paid time off policy. Health benefits. Unlimited coffee, teas, and craft beers on tap.