Full Stack Software Engineer
We built Visor because we believe everyone should have full ownership over their financial life. With the help of dynamic tax advisors and intelligent technology, we create a financial strategy that optimizes your assets and income.
Technology can’t do everything, and neither can people. Our tool harnesses machine learning to pinpoint exact deductions, giving our advisors a data-driven understanding that maximizes your savings.
We will file tax returns for you, but we want to do more than that. We believe in relationships with real experts. You can connect to your advisor through our app. Their team guides you through life’s red tape and simplifies your finances.
We’re helping a grad student save thousands of dollars, advising a young professional on home ownership, and celebrating with a client when she expands her family — because that has tax implications, too.
Above all, we’re dedicated to turning this messy, complicated tax code into an experience that’s transparent and personable. We take care of everything because we love taxes (much) more than you do.
We are just getting started and are looking for curious and empathetic front end engineers who would love to be a part of shaping this product vision with us.
- We can’t offer you artisan drinking water from a hidden valley in Norway but we can offer you the opportunity to work directly with the founders in shaping and executing this vision.
- We can’t offer you massages every day but we can offer you a tremendous amount of ownership and technical learning in your career.
- We can’t offer you ping pong tables (or at least not this year), but a 401K and insurance benefits do make the cut.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has at least 3 years of overall experience in building high throughput systems that scale
- Likes to work with product, design and other stakeholders in the company to identify customer pain points, come up with solutions, prototype, iterate and ship daily
- Likes solving technically challenging problems and always have more than one solution to debate for a given problem
- Has hands on experience in Python/Django
- Has an interest in Front end frameworks like React, Angular etc
- Cares a lot about delivering high-quality maintainable code
- Has used version control systems (Git, Subversion etc.)
- Is very independent and have ability to self-direct
- has strong analytical skills and algorithms knowledge
- Has an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Is a quick learner and keen to learn new tools, languages and technologies
- Has a deep understanding of CS fundamentals
- Likes to improve developer productivity by also investing in tools, frameworks and internal products
What We Can Offer:
We dress casually; work hard; laugh loudly and are ambitious on the impact we want to make in people’s lives. In addition:
- We offer generous medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Competitive salary, 401(k), and equity compensation.
- An unlimited vacation policy means you can enjoy time away from work.
- We have fun during snack breaks, weekly lunches, and regular community events.
Visor is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.