Oak is an independent design-led product studio in Brooklyn, New York. We make meaningful creative products like Dropmark and Siteleaf, and work on a number of other lovable ventures. As a team we enjoy blurring the lines of design and engineering, and encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration as much as possible.
We are looking for an Android developer with a strong background in software development, RESTful web services, and writing accessible, efficient code. You are not only interested in writing code, but making products you love to use every day. You’ll work closely with a small team of designers and developers, collaborate on product vision, execute on your ideas, and have a real say in how things get done.
Who you are:
- You’re empathetic, open-minded, and collaborative
- You’re skilled in native Android development
- You’re comfortable working with RESTful APIs
- You have an eye for detail and appreciate UX
- You test your code
What you’ll do:
- Help ship and drive technical direction of the Dropmark Android app
- Collaborate on product vision, take ownership, and execute on your ideas
- Work closely with our team of designers and developers to build exceptional products and experiences
- Work with customers to resolve issues and make product improvements
Bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with Siteleaf and/or Dropmark
- Have skills or experience in product design
- Have contributed to open source projects or shipped an Android app
- Enjoy teaching and helping others grow
- Have experience leading the development of a large product used by many people
- Have experience with React and React Native
Read more about us on our About page.
While New York is preferred, we may consider remote for the right person. We are an equal opportunity team and value diversity at our company. Let’s be awesome together!
p.s. Curious about working at Oak, but not sure this is the right position? Check out our other openings and get in touch anyway.
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Your choice of equipment and software
- Flexible working hours
- Unmetered vacation