Oak is an independent design-led product studio in Brooklyn, New York. We make meaningful creative products like Dropmark and Siteleaf, and work on a number of other lovable ventures. As a team we enjoy blurring the lines of design and engineering, and encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration as much as possible.
We are looking for a full stack developer with a strong background in software development, RESTful web services, and writing accessible, efficient code. You are not only interested in writing code, but making products you love to use every day. You’ll work closely with a small team of designers and developers, collaborate on product vision, execute on your ideas, and have a real say in how things get done.
Who you are:
- You’re empathetic, open-minded, and collaborative
- You have strong knowledge of RESTful API design
- You have experience working with AWS or similar cloud platform
- You test your code
What you’ll do:
- Drive technical direction of core products
- Operate with independence to proactively identify and address issues and opportunities
- Collaborate on product vision, take ownership, and execute on your ideas
- Work closely with our team of designers and developers to build exceptional products and experiences
- Document APIs and software you help build
- Server deployment, scalability, and performance enhancements
- Work with customers to resolve issues and make product improvements
Bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with Siteleaf and/or Dropmark
- Have contributed to open source projects
- Work with continuous integration and automation
- Have experience with Docker and secure code environments (Hoosegow, etc)
- Have experience with other programming languages like PHP or Go (in addition to Ruby)
- Are interested in iOS (Swift) or Android development
Read more about us on our About page.
While New York is preferred, we may consider remote for the right person. We are an equal opportunity team and value diversity at our company. Let’s be awesome together!
p.s. Curious about working at Oak, but not sure this is the right position? Check out our other openings and get in touch anyway.
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Your choice of equipment and software
- Flexible working hours
- Unmetered vacation