Business Development Manager
About The Sourcery:
At The Sourcery, we’re changing the way the recruiting industry works for the better. We focus on helping rapidly growing tech companies with our patented* Recruiting-as-a-Service model. We help cutting-edge startups find the talent they need to quickly scale their operations. We’re focusing on innovating within the recruiting industry, delivering a superior experience to both the candidates we work with and our exciting startup clients.
This is not just a numbers game for us, it’s about giving good advice to the companies we work for and the candidates we place. We’re not only focused on the bottom line here, we’re thinking about how to revolutionize an industry.
Our company is rapidly gaining traction but the key to our success is, and always has been, our team. We all want to change the industry for good, and care about helping candidates and companies solve the many challenges with recruiting. You belong here if this is something that gets your heartrate going. You will join and enhance our already motivated and energetic team. You will see tangible results of your efforts and reap the benefits. You will make a difference.
*totally not patented
This role will contribute to business development for The Sourcery. You’ll develop & cultivate relationships with venture capitalists, investors, advisors, boards of directors, hiring managers, CEOs, CTOs, Recruiters, VP of People…..to name a few! You will maintain and expand relationships with potential clients and partners. You’ll set up calls and in-person meetings between potential clients and our Director of Growth, VP of Sales & CEO.
Talent is the #1 thing that early stage companies need to function and The Sourcery is changing the way start-ups and large companies hire. You will have direct impact on how early stage companies grow & scale their teams.
What you’ll do:
- Research and build relationships with new referral partners (30% of your time)
- Attend coffees, lunches & dinners to increase your referral network
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Prospect for potential new clients (30% of your time)
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience with Business Development, Demand Generation & Lead Generation
- Has prior experience with contingency recruiting, in-house recruiting, RPO within a technology or startup environment is a plus! Is passionate about startup Culture. You’re a voracious reader of tech sites & already subscribed to Crunchbase!
- Believes in quality recruiting: You want to be part of a company that helps people find their passions and build great teams
- Is skilled at making great connections and building a professional network with value
- Is personal, friendly & likes attending events & networking!
- Has experience working with tech companies and has experience in the recruiting industry
- Has a 4 year college degree
- Team focus - you’re professional, accountable, and reliable. You know how to coax the best out of others without sacrificing quality or productivity
Bonus Points For:
- Prior experience working with recruiting tools and applicant tracking systems like Greenhouse, Jobvite, Lever, Workable, etc
- Skills and experience with: Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office, Google apps
- Having a deep personal network in the startup, venture or private equity ecosystem
Stuff to Know:
- This is a full-time role, salaried on-site position
- This position offers a solid base salary and uncapped earnings, along with promotion opportunities at a rapidly growing company
- We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We pay 100% of the employee’s premiums
- The Sourcery values work/life balance, which means regular business hours and work-from-home opportunities