Creative Market is the platform where independent creators around the world buy and sell digital design assets. Our mission is to help creators around the world turn passion into opportunity. As a Product Designer, you will help make this mission a reality by building strategic growth initiatives within a cross-functional product team. You will collaborate with engineers, designers, researchers, and analysts on the entire product lifecycle. You will plan and design a range of small to large tests and features aimed at increasing our MoM growth rate and improving user experience.
Design Team Purpose
As a Product Designer, you are the embodiment of the design team’s mission, vision, and principles. These should be reflected in all aspects of your work. You live & breathe brilliant product design thinking and execution. You’re passionate about a/b testing, conversion optimization, user experience design, and user research.
Our mission is to create a unique, cohesive experience for our community through one unified design system. Our vision is to balance and improve long-term growth with great user experience across our products and brand.
1. Design For Everyone
2. People Over Pixels
4. One Brand To Rule Them All
5. The Details Are The Design
6. Design Is A Shared Responsibility
7. Creativity Fosters Community
- Work close with your cross-functional product team to produce fast, effective cycles of product design work.
- Discover, research, and validate opportunities that can make a big impact for our business and users.
- Design clear and simple product design solutions. Navigate complex product system dynamics and user behaviors.
- Write detailed scopes for your design work. Produce realistic timelines for each design cycle required for the project to be completed and successful.
- Build a/b tests that iterate on our existing features and craft new features that are optimized for activation and retention by device.
- Balance using our product design system’s elements, patterns, and interactions with evolving them.
- Recommend improvements to our design tools, process, and documentation.
- Own your work. Work closely with the design director to ensure best results.
Who You Are
- Communicative: You start with listening and empathy. You keep others updated on all aspects of your work. You proactively reach out before critical questions or roadblocks become an issue. You speak and write with clarity and brevity. You articulate your decisions clearly, explaining what problems they solve and why.
- Collaborative: You honor and compliment the contributions of your peers. You value receiving and giving feedback. You believe great design is the result of good collaboration because design is a shared responsibility across the team.
- Professional: You hold yourself to high standards of decorum. Your productive, perceptive, honest, supportive, transparent, compassionate and self-controlled. You lack ego and put the best interests of the company and team above your own.
- Learner: You love learning and share what you discover with the team. You pursue tackling new challenges. You stay curious and open about what’s possible.
- User-Focused: You always build things with the end-user in mind. You make sure the team is talking to the right users before, during, and after building product work. You take pride in removing friction at every point of the user journey in our product. You value the time and effort our users invest in our product.
- Detail-Oriented: You sweat the details because you know that millions of people rely on what you’re designing. You balance big-picture thinking with polishing the tiny details. You ensure all details in the UX and UI design work are thorough before the build goes out the door.
- Systematic Thinker: You understand how all components of the system fit together to create a unified experience. You see how new projects will impact the larger system and are able to clearly communicate these dynamics to the project team.
- Passionate: You care about the creative and design communities. You take it to heart when you hear how your work helps our users achieve success or lessens their frustrations. It’s natural for you to over deliver because you want to elevate Creative Market to a highly competitive state in the industry.
- You have a well-rounded knowledge of product systems, design thinking, and what’s possible to execute in code.
- You set a very high bar for product design execution, process, and documentation. You hold the entire team to the same standard.
- You deliver projects on time. You communicate well in advance if a due date needs to move and the reason. You are responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of your work because the business depends on it.
- You balance qualitative and quantitative data in order to identify and solve complex problems that benefit our business and users. You have experience and passion for using data to improve user experience.
- You think deeply about product design decisions before delivering them to the team. You have a track record of being open to others solving design challenges alongside you. You mentor best practices in design thinking in the team.
- You have a strong desire to grasp the entire site from all our users’ perspectives: shops, buyers, affiliates, and visitors. You’re committed to developing an acute understanding of their desires, motivations, and problems.
- You thrive in a fast-faced, dynamic environment. You work well in remote and office settings.
- You are comfortable in Adobe CC, Sketch, and various prototyping tools.
- You actively build relationships across the team.
- You have 2+ years working on web and digital product design work. eCommerce and responsive design experience is preferred.
- You have a B.A. or B.F.A. in Design with a focus in one of the following areas: web, UI/UX, product design(or an equivalent level of education).
- You have experience working on a marketplace or eCommerce business.
- You have experience working in a startup environment.
- Location: San Francisco preferred. Remote(U.S. only) opportunities available in the following states: CA, TX, NC, CO, WA and NY.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off
- New workstation