SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Graphic Design Lead will give oversight to the artistic expression of our church. Expertise in multiple disciplines of design (marketing & print, layout, web, screen, etc.) is a must, as is the ability to design for multiple demographics while keeping a consistent visual voice and a high bar for quality. This is a position for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, who is creative and on the cutting edge of design trends and techniques.
- Develop, implement, and protect the Venture Christian Church brand
- Work with the Creative Director to shape design and material ideas and concepts.
- Execute design for marketing outreach efforts.
- Design graphics for the primary communication methods for the church, including website, bulletin & inserts, social media, email marketing, etc.
- Work with the Creative Director to oversee the look, vibe, and feel of all promotional materials.
- Create design guidelines for our brand and ministries to ensure consistency across our communications.
- Design beautiful and bold print, web, and screen marketing materials for our teaching series, events, and advertising campaigns.
- Work with our innovation team to design pixel-perfect front ends for apps and websites.
- Do light-to-moderate front-end web development for special projects and initiatives.
- Help instill a design culture in the church – we want everyone to value and understand the role of design.
- Lead, recruit, train and motivate design and photography interns and volunteers.
- Engage in active leadership of Creative Community nights on Wednesdays. The primary way we train and develop our creative ministry teams.
- Participate as a member of Creative Team in the planning and execution of worship environments.
- Communicate with staff, responding to calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Create a community of creatives within the church. This will include 5+ graphic designers.
- Disciple, mentor and develop volunteer and staff teams.
- Use strong core spiritual values while operating with adaptability to particular conditions, situations, and people.
- Help to maintain a positive, Christ-honoring work environment.
- Dream big ideas, grow teams, and accomplish the impossible!
- Other duties as assigned.
- Articulates and models a Christ Centered Life consistent with scripture
- Ability to embrace the vision and be a member of Venture Christian
- Leading or involved in a small group with commitment to R12 Discipleship
- Actively engaging in the life of the church and ministry outside the daily time at work. B.I.O. = Before God | In Community | On Mission… for the Glory of God
- Entrepreneurial skill, self-motivated and creative
- Good communication skills in person, on the phone, and in written formats
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and resolve specific problems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The ability to lift 20 lbs., open filing cabinets and bend or stand or climb on step ladders as necessary.WORK SCHEDULE: Monday- Friday / 40+ hours per week