Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of Kansans?
For more than 75 years, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas has built a reputation of trust. We want to assure our members access to the best possible health insurance at the lowest possible cost while providing them the security and dependability they have come to expect from Blue Cross. To accomplish that, we need talented and motivated people to maintain the long-standing tradition of trust we have developed with our customers.
For this we need to hire a Digital Solutions Specialist to help us craft best-in-class experiences across the full digital landscape through user-centered design, data analysis and creativity to delight users and drive engagement.
This is where you come in.
You can expect to design creative development solutions for webinars, training, digital advertising, promotions, demos, info-graphics, web UX and interactive assignments across multimedia platforms. You will also plan, design, develop, lead and deliver digital media solutions, oversee activities associated with developing concepts, plans, and training modules needed for BCBSKS members, employer groups, providers, BCBSKS employees and the general public.
We’re building a design culture in a very traditional atmosphere and industry that will give you have the opportunity to:
- Lead the corporate usability team that mentors other members of the organization in UI and UX concepts and best practices as well as plan, coordinate and conduct testing, analysis and prepare recommendations.
- Articulate value of UX initiatives as well as outlining scope, and key objectives.
We are also looking for your expertise to work on all corporate eCommerce web sites, which support brand identities and position Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas to lower administration costs, increase market share, reduce medical payout and provide better customer service.
This is a meaningful but challenging position so we are looking for a seasoned professional with a combination of college and/or experience as described below equal to 5 years.
What you’ll need:
- You’ll have proven experience-applying usability testing techniques and analysis and experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Fluency in the latest web standards and responsive design.
- Able to identify communication and education gaps and craft solutions to close those gaps.
- Able to learn and analyze new technology and insurance information that can be integrated into new business initiatives.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently, and be able to work in a team environment while promoting collaborative processes, driving consensus across organizational teams.
- Ideally you have working knowledge of HTML and CSS and the ability to present and defend design decisions to groups including senior partners.
- Working knowledge of the following software packages preferred: Adobe Captivate, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and After Effects.
- Experience working with outside freelancers and consultants such as: trainers, web consultants and developers, designers and professionals in the education facilities.
- A valid driver’s license is required, as you may need to travel from time to time starting and finishing outside of normal working hours.
What you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary
- Health, wellness and financial benefits
- Time for fun and time away
- Giving back to Kansas
- Learning and development
- And most importantly an opportunity to craft our design and team culture