The Communications and Marketing Office at New York Institute of Technology is looking to add a Digital Content Specialist to produce and organize engaging content for the university website and digital sign network and support requests for training and corrections. The Digital Content Specialist shares the team’s passion for the Internet and keeps informed on emerging trends and technologies. We are seeking a true team player, who is flexible and game, and who has good customer service/communications skills and attention to detail. The position reports to the senior-level Director of Digital Media.
To learn more about NYIT’s Office of Communications + Marketing, visit http://www.nyit.edu/communicationsandmarketing/
- Collaborates with developers, designers, and internal constituencies in the development and implementation of user-centered website content.
- · Organizes content and workflow, remaking content for different digital channels.
- · Updates institutional digital communications, including digital signage and institutional content on the web.
- · Rigorously tests website development to ensure cross browser and cross platform compatibility.
- · Trains content owners in departments and schools on NYIT's content management system.
- · Responsible for coordinating, coding, and distributing NYIT bulk email.
- · Other administrative duties as required.
- · Requires a Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years experience in online media.
- · Experience in organizing large amount of content and/or data.
- · Experience with Photoshop and photo-editing.
- · Experience with content management systems (CMS), information architecture, website navigation, and email marketing.
- · Comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing requirements.
- · Ability to write and edit effectively, and communicate and collaborate with a variety of team members.
- · Any level of experience or knowledge with digital signs and digital sign content management systems.
Desired, but not essential skills include experience with:
- · web design
- · SEO
- · usability
- · email marketing
- · social media
- · W3C compliance
- · web analytics
- · Wordpress or other blogging systems
- · HTML5
- · video for web
- · motion graphics
- · photography
NOTE: this position is based at the Manhattan campus and travel to and from the Old Westbury campus may be required on occasion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability