Senior Backend Engineer
Athos was developed to help athletes and coaches make smarter, data-driven decision so they can achieve their performance goals. We are innovative, goal-driven individuals striving to change the game of training and keep athletes performing at their highest potential. Our mission : build better athletes.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly-motivated and driven employees who help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation.
As the Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will lead and direct activities involved in developing, maintaining and updating our backend data platform. The position is an excellent opportunity for hands-on experience in leveraging large volumes of structured and unstructured data. The primary responsibility of this role includes building a training system for coaches and athletes based on data gathered through the Athos device and platform, enabling both improved performance and injury avoidance.
This position reports to the Head of the Data Platform, CK Hsu, and is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing team as we add value to our product family through advancing our technology.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and help drive the development of our data platform as we gather, analyze and distribute insights from performance data, attainted solely through the Athos performance apparel system.
-The incumbent will be a significant contributor, applying extensive knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and internal practices, processes and products.
-The ideal candidate is self-starter with a drive to build a great products, and is passionate about bringing next-generation technology to life.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A CS degree and solid background in software development
- 8+ years of professional engineering experience
- 5+ years of live/production platform experience
- 3+ years of data-specific framework and platform experience
- 3+ years of experience with AWS technologies - EC2, RDS, Redshift, Firehose, etc.
- Professional/Expert level experience with Python
- Experience with time-series data and Pandas library
- Independent and great in problem solving
Bonus points for:
- An interest in staying up-to-date on the latest technology in sports performance
What you’ll own:
- Productionizing and deploying data algorithms
- Quickly iterating (with Product and Research) to make data and features available in the platform
- Optimizing time-series data processing, storage and retrieval
- Building external-facing RESTful APIs
- Scaling the platform as user base grows
- Maintaining a high standard of code quality: unit tests, integration tests, code reviews, etc
What we offer:
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Medical insurance through Cigna
- Dental & vision insurance through Guardian
- Life insurance
- Catered lunches and exceptional snack game
- In-house personal training, mobility workshops & yoga
- Long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Flexible PTO
Athos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.