The Senior UX Manager is a role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise and business sense required. This person is responsible for a multi-disciplinary UX team in Huntsville as well as coordinating with our UX team in India. This person will consult with local development scrum teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams. PPM products are primarily Web and desktop client/server with some mobile. We also offer our products in the cloud.
- Strong tendency toward visual thinking, using techniques like Axure interactive prototyping to communicate concepts.
- Provide creative thought, design leadership, and UX vision for the team which aligns with business development and corporate marketing direction.
- Ability to manage, challenge, and mentor a team, as well as have the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, news, and developments.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently as an individual contributor without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees.
- Exceptional presentation, communication, consulting, public relations, and negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and research.
- Strong understanding of modern software development technologies and architectures to effectively manage UX developers who create desktop, Web, and mobile toolkits.
- Personnel management, including recruiting new hires, measuring and monitoring individual performance, budgeting, and other administrative functions.
- Position requires excellent project management skills, verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction or other related design degree.
- 5+ years leadership experience that includes experience in UX methodology and design principles and graphics / prototyping tools.
- A strong portfolio showcasing UX experience in developing interactive products must be provided.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Work experience in an international, multi-site organization.
- Experience developing solutions with agile methodology.
- Experience working with front end developers and speaking their language.