We are The Black Sheep Agency, a cause-driven brand strategy agency focused on accelerating impact. Together with our clients and collaborators, we unite around one thing—building a future we can believe in.
And we’re looking to grow.
- Are you obsessed with the Internet, all things social media, tools and tech, and do you get a kick out of figuring out how these platforms can be used for brands, organizations and causes to connect with people in a meaningful way?
- Do you know what’s trending before Mashable does? Do you have a tendency to beat BuzzFeed to the punch? Is Reddit your best friend? (It should be.)
- Do you want to innovate in the digital space? Give people a chance to play a part in the evolution of a brand? Change the game? Set the world on fire? Make history
If you answered an enthusiastic “YES!” to all of the above, read on. We want to know more about you.
Our Digital Strategist drives the social strategies, campaigns and other digital initiatives produced and deployed by our team, while also keeping up with trends and platforms in order to educate our team and keep our community informed in real time. She/he also helps design the digital training curriculum for our brand management team.
We realize social media is a newer form of media and acknowledge that a lot of what you know may have been acquired through experimentation and other nontraditional paths. That said, we’re looking for someone that meets the standards below—or someone who can prove that the experiences they’ve had beat the resume fodder below. So, GO FOR IT.
- College education relevant to the position (advertising, digital, marketing, communications, PR or similar degree)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in which you managed projects and/or social media accounts on behalf of clients
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Active, compelling social media presence (or a brand portfolio that justifies why you’re too busy to stay active on social personally)
- Strong, concise, creative writing skills
- Advanced communication skills, including both written (documents and presentations) and interpersonal communication skills
- Confidence and poise to successfully present strategy/program recommendations to clients
- Ability to handle managing 10-15 projects simultaneously
- A deep background and proven ability to create and manage digital projects including, but not limited to, comprehensive strategy, content creation, contest generation, community management, social advertising, monitoring, email marketing, CMS website maintenance and media outreach
- Experience with branding, storytelling and digital crisis management
We’re a team that thrives in an ever-changing environment. Expect to get familiar with the term “pivot,” even if you don’t watch Silicon Valley. Some of the predictable responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing comprehensive social media and digital strategies and presenting those strategies to clients.
- Implementing a brand voice and personality that is tailored specifically to each client.
- Providing strategic counsel to clients to consistently introduce new ideas and approaches. Then, implementing and educating internal staff and existing/prospective clients on these new digital tools and technologies.
- Overseeing day-to-day production on client social media and digital accounts.
- Developing and implementing digital advertising strategies.
- Working hand-in-hand with other team members to ensure exceptional quality on all digital communication distributed by the agency.
- Heavily contributing to the Black Sheep social media presence (content and strategy).
- Monitoring and analyzing social media metrics in a qualitative and quantitative fashion and constantly amending strategies based on discoveries and patterns.
- Communicating and collaborating on how social media activities impact other business operations.
Think you have what it takes? Send us your cover letter, resume, portfolio and/or writing samples (preferably written in a series of 140-character blips), links to your social media profiles and brief explanation of why you should be the next digital strategist at Black Sheep through Authentic Jobs.
Send us your cover letter, resume, portfolio and/or writing samples (preferably written in a series of 140-character blips), links to your social media profiles and brief explanation of why you should be the next digital strategist at Black Sheep.