SmugMug is currently seeking experienced iOS engineers looking to build native apps to delight our customers and empower them to safely preserve and share their precious memories. You’ll play a huge part on a small team, developing our family of Swift-based apps and helping to define our native platforms. Our iOS engineers work closely with other app and product engineers as well as designers, product managers, and other team members to build meaningful mobile experiences.
Your role is to:
- Own significant portions of application development from concept through deployment and support
- Collaborate effectively with Design, QA, Product, and Marketing teams
- Understand and share information about platform patterns and best practices to help inform product decisions
- Act as an information resource for the company around our native Apple product codebases
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers
- Follow emerging technologies and anticipate opportunities to expand existing applications or create new ones
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- Experienced developing iOS applications from concept through testing, release, and post-launch support
- Enthusiastic about Swift, or looking to transform your Objective-C experience into modern Swift development
- Eager to be always learning and improving
- Comfortable working closely with colleagues or tackling problems independently as situations require
- Able to determine when to deliver architectural masterpieces versus gets-the-job-done solutions, and capable of scaling your approach as needed
- Familiar with Apple development tools, platforms, APIs, and best practices around building, debugging, and deploying apps through public app stores
- Familiarity with Git and Github
- Specific comfort with (or deep, abiding love of):
- networking libraries and consuming JSON/RESTful APIs
- memory management
- multi-threaded CoreData
- synchronous programming using GCD
- macOS or tvOS application development
- building comprehensive test cases for your code
- A passion for photography, or desire to make great apps in support of photographers and their craft
At SmugMug we hire great people and trust them to do right by our customers and for our team. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal and professional development and constant learning, and which allows everyone significant autonomy over their work. SmugMug values diversity, humility, and open collaboration. If you join us you will be part of a small but empowered team, moving quickly and making large contributions to our business. Meaningful, rewarding work and well-supported career development are imperative. Our goal is for this to be, by far, the most extraordinary work experience you will ever have.
We are committed to building a team that is as incredibly diverse and unique as our customers around the world. We welcome all backgrounds, skills, perspectives, and experiences. We deeply believe that a diverse team and an inclusive workplace make us stronger and enable us to serve our customers better.
Daily meals prepared by our in-house-private chef, a barista that makes drinks for us every afternoon, a bountiful selection of beer on tap and we even take a company trip together every year! We have an onsite gym with personal trainers, offer incredible benefits , relocation services and more!