Flocabulary is a rapidly growing edtech company that uses music to drive student achievement and foster a love of learning. Students in more than 20,000 schools use our rap songs and interactive learning tools to master academic content. Our product and work reflect our strong belief that a motivated student is a successful student.
The Product Manager, Internal Tools will report to our Product Lead. As the product manager on our Internal Tools pod, you will research and write requirements for the small, devoted Internal Tools engineering team. The Internal Tools team owns projects related to our infrastructure, third-party integrations (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.), plus driving the vision for customer and content management tools.
Who You Are:
You love solving complex problems. You are well known among your colleagues for your eye for detail and organizational skills. You pick up new things very quickly. Whether you call yourself a technical person or not, you have strong technical literacy and can write great user stories and specs. You have an instinct for optimization and you are always the first to pinpoint where a process could be improved. You don’t mind that your products aren’t user facing; you know that the behind the scenes work is the basis for great user experiences. You want to make meaningful contributions to an organization committed to making students’ and teachers’ lives better.
- Develop a deep understanding of our current systems, tools and integrations
- Solicit ideas from key internal stakeholders and map out a vision of a better future
- Work with the Product Lead and management team on a prioritized list of projects
- Write detailed engineering stories
- Review and sign off on engineering work <li “=”“>Communicate changes to the organization
- 2+ years as a Product Manager
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to talk shop with software developers and salespeople
- Bonus points for experience working on a web-based SaaS product
- Bonus points for any technical knowledge or skills
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees and employer contribution toward dependent care
- Company stock options
- Flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with partial company match
- Health & wellness stipend
- Office in Dumbo means easy access to our roofdeck, parks and waterfront with postcard views
—Company paid medical, dental and vision healthcare —401-k with partial company match —Parental Leave —Generous paid time off —Monthly catered lunches —Unlimited snacks and Brooklyn Roasting Coffee —Weekly Happy Hours —Weekly company sponsored workouts by the water —Quarterly team events —Offsite teambuilding and strategy sessions —Wellness stipend —New office in Dumbo, steps from Brooklyn Bridge Park —Bike storage