Flocabulary is a rapidly growing edtech company that uses music to drive student achievement and foster a love of learning. Students in more than 20,000 schools use our rap songs and interactive learning tools to master academic content. Our product and work reflect our strong belief that a motivated student is a successful student.
The Associated Product Manager will report to the Product Lead on our Learning pod, working on the part of our webapp that includes the video, quiz, interactive vocab cards, writing tools and more. You’ll also work with other Product Leads, helping them grow and retain our user base.
Who You Are:
You’re skilled at using various techniques to research and answer big questions. You have a strong eye for detail and organizational skills. You pick up new things quickly. You feel comfortable picking up the phone and calling a teacher, a student or a Flocab salesperson. You want to make meaningful contributions to an organization committed to making students’ and teachers’ lives better.
- Research competitors to understand how their product works
- Create very basic, clickable wireframes
- Conduct various forms of user research including: online user tests, surveys, interviews, classroom visits, focus groups and play-tests.
- Assist Product Managers in writing stories and requirements
- Test engineering work against the requirements and provide feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to organize and complete complex projects
- Strong eye for detail
- Bonus points for experience working on a web-based SaaS product
- Bonus points for any technical knowledge or skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees and employer contribution toward dependent care
- Company stock options
- Flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with partial company match
- Health & wellness stipend
- Office in Dumbo means easy access to our roofdeck, parks and waterfront with postcard views
—Company paid medical, dental and vision healthcare —401-k with partial company match —Parental Leave —Generous paid time off —Monthly catered lunches —Unlimited snacks and Brooklyn Roasting Coffee —Weekly Happy Hours —Weekly company sponsored workouts by the water —Quarterly team events —Offsite teambuilding and strategy sessions —Wellness stipend —New office in Dumbo, steps from Brooklyn Bridge Park —Bike storage