About Third Wave Business Systems
Third Wave Business Systems is a software company that resells and implements Enterprise Resource Planning software (specifically, SAP Business One) into small/mid-size Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) distribution and manufacturing companies. We also design, develop, and sell our own SAP add-ons, as well as a highly innovative stand-alone web/mobile solution, and a stand-alone middle-ware integration solution, which, taken together with the ERP solution form a complete integrated digital platform that enables growing CPG distribution and manufacturing companies to compete in today’s connected marketplaces. Third Wave has 100s of customers and has won multiple awards over the years for outstanding service and innovation. As such, Third Wave is well positioned to increase market-share as a business automation provider in the Consumer Packaged Goods sector and is looking for the right marketing professional to help take the company to the next level.
Third Wave is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Director of Marketing who is a self-starter, works comfortably in a fun, small software business environment is adept with traditional and modern digital marketing practices, and is ready to take an established, thriving company with significant growth potential to the next level! The Director of Marketing will focus on demand generation, planning and directing marketing for the company’s products and services.
Work with sales and product management to outline goals and define, review and execute marketing plans to obtain sales goals. Clearly understand company business model, sector, distribution channels, target market, competitive landscape, and product/solution value propositions in order to message effectively and develop appropriate demand generation campaigns.
Develop and manage annual marketing budget. Plan and execute cross-channel demand generation programs managing budget, resources, messaging, execution, and results measurement. Leverages digital channels effectively. Ensure effective control of marketing results and take appropriate actions. Monitors competitive products and marketing activities. Oversees CRM database.
Chooses and manages supporting vendors and resources including those associated with SEO process (Google, etc..). Manages resources and/or marketing staff to ensure they are executing on given tasks. Review and ensure marketing resources/staff are progressing and developing professionally.
Qualifcations & Competencies
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Analytical, Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Industry - Ideally, 5+ years in the software or technology sector.
- Communications/Design - Uses feedback to modify communications and designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Language/Writing - Fluent in English with demonstrable marketing communication and writing skills.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technology - understands appropriate application of digital marketing practices and implementing and administering digital tools and channels (SEO, PPC, Social Media Channels).
- Communication, speaks and writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret information.
- Teamwork, Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Leadership, Exhibits confidence in self and others; Accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management, looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Managing People, Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Improves processes, products and services.
- Business Acumen, understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics, Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support, Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking, Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Identifies external threats and opportunities.
- Judgment, Displays willingness to make decisions; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Initiative, volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation, Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.