Please note: Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us and DO NOT have permission to contact candidates on our behalf.
At Think Company, our fundamental reason for being is to envision, design, and create experiences that enhance people’s lives. We want to join forces with others who share this purpose.
We’re currently looking for a talented Design Lead with experience leading product-focused teams. Ideally you’re a skilled consultant well-versed in the fundamentals of experience and workflow design for complex systems who’s equally comfortable creating and extending a visual design language, diving into Sketch when necessary. Additionally, you’re charismatic and have the confidence to lead the efforts of a small design team. This involves cultivating an intensely collaborative design process with both team members and product stakeholders. You can read more about how we work and what we value [http://www.thinkcompany.com/about/] and get a glimpse at what it’s like to work with us [https://www.thinkcompany.com/careers/].
Traits you bring:
- A deep passion and proven ability to design useful digital experiences honed through at least six years of professional experience
- Experience gathering and defining product requirements
- Ability to shape requirements into a compelling product vision and communicate that concept to stakeholders for buy-in
- Knack for synthesizing research findings and translating them into design concepts
- Evidence that you can create and extend a coherent design language
- A commitment to leading and working as part of a collaborative creative team
- Pride in communicating your design ideas and process in a clear and persuasive way to other designers and executives
- A mastery of your design tools and process—apps and techniques alike
- Comfort establishing and maintaining relationships with team members, product stakeholders, and company executives
- A basic understanding of front-end development and technology
- Additionally, experience related to product marketing strategy would be helpful
What you’d do:
- Work largely on-site with product stakeholders and a creative team to establish the foundations for a new line of business
- Lead a team effort to define problems and solve them using an evidence-based rationale
- Balance specific UI decisions against the needs of the entire application ecosystem
- Collaborate closely with product owners and development teams to release thoroughly considered features
- Craft pragmatic interfaces for complex systems that stand up to rigorous testing
- Serve as a valued consultant to our clients, offering both strategic and process-related input
Some of our perks:
- Beautiful studios in Center City Philadelphia and downtown Conshohocken
- Great benefits including flexible PTO; a performance bonus program; excellent health insurance; 401k matching; opportunities and paid time off to volunteer; and a dedicated training budget to help you stay at the top of your game
- Plenty of company and design-related events and outings that we host, sponsor, or attend throughout the year
Sound compelling? Feel like a match? We’d love to hear from you! To help the process along, tell us a bit about yourself and share some samples of your best design work. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.