At Telmate, we combine 10 years of hands-on experience with innovative and reliable technologies that drive efficiencies, security and control. We are a leading provider of secure inmate communication systems including phones, tablets, investigator tools, video visits, content and more. Telmate serves over 300 correctional facilities in the U.S. and Canada. Our mission is to create secure technology that empowers inmates to break the cycle of recidivism while protecting and serving facilities and our communities.
We have a startup culture with a surefooted product.
Enjoy the best of both worlds – a fun, fast-paced work environment with the reliability of a profitable product base. Our established main product gives us the room to focus our innovation on new industry-changing projects.
Our teams get to work on many challenging hardware and software projects including: Custom Android kernel, native Android & iOS applications, hardware kiosks and secure video stations, custom android tablets, Webrtc, SIP, Ruby based SaaS applications, multiple physical data centers along with AWS and much more.
The DevOps Engineer is a critical member of the production infrastructure team at Telmate. The DevOps Engineer works closely with other DevOps Engineers, software developers, and hardware engineers to build new pieces of highly available infrastructure and maintain the existing infrastructure.
- Build new Highly scalable redundant infrastructure on AWS and physical servers
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Create and implement automation tools
- Develop strategy, processes, and shape our existing infrastructure
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 4-year degree in relevant field / or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years of experience in DevOps or Linux Administration
- Strong understanding of CentOS or Ubuntu
- AWS command line tools
- Load balance experience
- GIT, Jenkins, Chef/Puppet
- Scripting automation and some programming skills
- Network protocols
- Monitoring solutions
- Effective communication skills, Documentation
- Great work ethics and attitude!
What We Offer:
- Catered Meals, Snack Pantry. Each week brings different, yummy catered meals.
- Commuter & Bike Perks. Clipper card program plus a safe place to hang your bike. How very SF.
- Feelin’ Kinda Scrummy? Like post-its? So do we. Agile scrum is the way that we roll.
- Team Outings & Happy Hours. Bowling, zip-lining, fancy dinners, off-site hack-a-thons and more.
- Medical, Dental and Vision care coverage for employees and family members.
Telmate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidate will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, disability, medical condition or national origin.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.