The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Division of Information Technology (DoIT) is looking for full-time software developers to join our dynamic, growing team. DoIT supports teaching and learning at UW-Madison by providing innovative, user-centered, reliable technology solutions. The division is made up of more than 900 employees working together across multiple departments. A job with DoIT means great benefits, meaningful work and a supportive environment that prioritizes family and personal life/work balance.
Integrated Applications provides front-end web development, enterprise-scale software engineering, and integration services for campus-wide services provided by DoIT.
The work we do is varied and challenging, so you will need the tenacity to take on development projects that benefit students, faculty and staff at UW-Madison and beyond. You’ll have an opportunity to learn while you work as part of a team to help customers to design, build, and deploy custom applications.
Typical duties include:
● Analysis of requirements and high-level functional design of systems
● Independently develop technical designs
● Perform complex programming activities
● Provide technical expertise to the development of new systems
● Maintenance of operational systems.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 1 year experience developing with Java, Groovy, or other JVM languages ( 7 years for senior level )
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., git)
- Demonstrated desire to learn new things
- Excellent customer service skills and orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- ● Flexibility in development frameworks, languages, and other tools
- ●Experience with Agile methodologies
- ●Experience with developing web services ( e.g., REST )
- ●Experience with AngularJS Framework
- ●Experience with Spring Framework
- ●Knowledge of DevOps and other CI/CD tools and techniques
Still interested? Here’s what we need from you:
- ●Cover letter that explains why you want to work with us and how your experiences match up with the required and preferred qualifications above.
- ●Your resume that details your experience and skills
- ●If available, links to where we can see your work in action
Deadline to apply: August 30, 2017