The Role in Brief:
We’re looking for talented, passionate web designers to join our growing team at Royall & Company (a division of EAB)! We create strategic, conversion-centered landing pages and web experiences for universities looking to recruit adult learners. We work hard and have fun doing it, geeking out about mobile-first, responsive design and accessibility. If you’re a strong designer with some chops in HTML and CSS and a desire to learn and grow, you’ll fit in great. If you have background in marketing and exceptional time-management skills, even better!
- Create designs and visual assets for landing pages and other web experiences using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Collaborate with print designers and copywriters to create cohesive and impactful creative for our campaigns
- Build responsive webpages using HTML and CSS/Sass, following best practices to ensure optimal performance and cross-browser and device compatibility
- Work within our content management system (CMS) to format content and configure functionality
- Manage projects to ensure timely completion and exceptional quality
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, web design, communication design or related field with 2 years' experience in web design or a related discipline such as UI/UX design OR at least 4 years' equivalent experience, education and/or training
- Experience hand-coding responsive websites with HTML and CSS
- Solid proficiency with design software, specifically Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Portfolio of representative work
- Experience designing for marketing campaigns
- Experience with Sass (or other CSS preprocessors)
- Experience with accessibility standards
- Experience with user testing
- Experience with Wordpress or another CMS
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive problem solver and quick thinker
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
About Education Advisory Board
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,100+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.eab.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
Our Culture & Values:
We think Forbes said it best: “Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about.” We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.