Every day, seven billion consumers spend billions buying products. We collect billions of data points in more than 100 countries on what consumers watch and buy to help our clients identify unmet needs, develop new products and deliver them in an engaging way. Big data and predictive analytics is our passion and the heart of our business. Our success is the result of investing in our products, our people and the communities in which we live and work.
Nielsen is in the middle of a digital transformation. We’re reimagining, retooling, and recrafting our customer’s experience. We need a visual designer who can add visual clarity, simplicity and excitement to our products.
You might be a good fit if:
You design to inspire and help people and businesses who interact with your work. You’re passionate about color, typography, layout, vertical rhythm — good simple design! You love working within a creative team, leveraging brand standards and good ideas from all over the Web to create and evangelise scalable design languages. You may not consider yourself a coder, but you know how applications are built for multiple devices. You enjoy partnering with developers and product owners; listening, challenging, crafting, iterating and ultimately arriving at a solution that works for everyone.
Fast forward… Here’s what happened because you joined our team:
- You’ve helped simplify and create visual and interactive experiences our customers rave about and our competitors aspire to.
- You have helped to create a unified, scalable, on-brand design language based on open standards. You’ve driven quality and consistency across the organization by evangelising our design system.
- You’ve helped personify our customers and bring their voice into our portfolio.
- You’ve fueled the growing appreciation for user experience.
- You’ve become a valued partner to product owners, developers and interaction designers.
You’ll come right up to speed if:
- You have a few years of success designing for large scale B2B applications; you understand and have experiences designing design systems.
- You know the ins-and-outs of all the major UX toolbox apps, e.g., Axure, Sketch, Illustrator, InvisionApp, etc.
- You understand the basics of what’s under the hood and can help developers and product owners reach your vision with the least amount of effort possible.
- You’re passionate, persistent and can influence or persuade others; you are a natural collaborator, presenter and persuader.
- You are current with industry trends, standards and best practices.
- You have a passion for design and driving qualities and efficiencies in processes and people.
We’d love to hear from you if this sounds like a good fit. Send us a PDF including a portfolio and cover letter that includes a half-page write-up of your most significant design accomplishments.
Nielsen, an S&P 500 company (NYSE: NLSN), has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world’s population. Nielsen prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers with the company. It has been named one of the “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” by Diversity Inc for three years running and was selected as one of the “Top 35 Companies for Leaders who want Flexibility” by FlexJobs. For more information visit www.nielsen.com.