The Product Design team at Egencia builds business travel products and services loved by over 8 million users.
Our simple, seamless travel management platform makes it a snap for the world’s largest companies to manage their complex business travel needs. Egencia’s global Product Design team is seeking a Senior Product Designer who has a passion for travel innovation, can transform complexity into clarity, and leads by doing.
ABOUT THE WORK
We are the original disruptors in managed travel. Our culture is an empowering environment for designers who want to attack large product design challenges. Product Designers work with feedback from our 6+ million users to directly deliver on user needs and our mission of transforming business travel. Designers don’t just create interfaces, they help build and ship sophisticated products that empower millions of business travelers, travel coordinators, and agents.
This role will lead design strategy for our Trip product suite. Our Trip product is where all the pieces of our business come together. It is here that users plan, manage, and continue making purchases to efficiently travel for business.
The design team structure is a blended model. All design at Egencia belongs to a centralized design team that delivers a globally consistent product and brand identity. Designers also belong to pod teams of product management, development, and research, working as one to ship entire lines of business.
Senior Product Designers at Egencia:
- Embed with Product, Engineering, Analytics, and others related to your product areas.
- Lead and facilitate inceptions, 120-day planning sessions, and other product activities.
- Translate discovery and research insights into new hypotheses.
- Collaborate with engineers to determine concept feasibility.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype, and test viability with users and product stakeholders.
- Design high-fidelity, mobile-up solutions with UI, visual, and interaction excellence.
- Work iteratively with engineers to realize and ship new product.
- Advocate for and initiate product polishing to improve shipped work.
- Evaluate new insights and iterate again, quickly.
Culture is paramount. We like big thinkers with small egos. You are a proven designer who can organize and lead output across multiple designers. You easily earn the trust and respect required in this role through thoughtful, purpose-driven interactions with others. You are recognized by colleagues as a force multiplier who raises the average of teams you are on.
You focus decisions through the user lens. You can analyze, optimize and simplify the work of others. You challenge others and continually tread a path toward stunning, effective design. You are willing to teach, ready to learn, and able to produce gorgeous work in a high-visibility role.
Senior Product Designer requirements:
- 5+ years experience in product thinking, eCommerce, interaction design, visual design, and design research.
- Self-directed, organized, efficient: able to manage multiple, complex decisions at once.
- An effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator in English and French.
- Possesses an insatiable curiosity for unraveling complexity.
- Develops expert knowledge of industry, competitive, complementary products.
- Ensures clear, defensible problem statements exist for design solutions.
- Delivers gorgeous designs to a variety of device experiences.
- Delivers results in an agile, iterative design environment.
- A bold portfolio of product and interaction design work.
- Expert in Sketch and Invision.
BENEFITSIn addition to all of the perks that come with being a big company, we also practice what we preach when it comes to shipping global products. Oslo, Paris, Chicago, Seattle and India are just some of the places our work takes us to learn from our users. We also offer leisure travel benefits, personal wellness and health equipment benefits, company sponsored events, and a culture of fun, support, and personal growth.
Relocation available within the US. Egencia is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
Egencia, the business travel division of Expedia, is at the center of revolutionizing business travel. We are one of the fastest growing brands within Expedia, Inc. and in our 12-year history we have grown from a small start-up to become the 5th largest corporate travel management company in the world. We’re defining the future of business travel. If you’re interested in the journey as much as the destination then we have a seat for you. Apply now.
Relocation available within United States only. Egencia is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.