Overview: United By Blue is looking for a Junior Designer to join our creative team. If you have a passion for web and love the outdoors, consider joining us at our Home Office in Philly to learn more about our highly creative, entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
- Work with various teams to design respective emails for their departments including twice weekly marketing emails, wholesale emails, and store-focused emails.
- Design weekly blog posts with interactive shoppable elements and a dynamic typographic layout.
- Troubleshoot any front-end web coding issues; work with Head of Design and developers with back-end issues.
- Proactive in seeking opportunities for web efficiencies and better practices.
- Follow design guidelines set by Head of Design for season launches, sales, and holiday in creating multi-platform deliverables which includes web, print, and some environmental graphics.
- Collaborate with Head of Design in creating cohesive design style for campaign launches.
Who you are:
- 1+ years of experience in web design with a passion for the outdoors.
- Proficient in Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, on a Mac platform.
- Proficient in front-end html.
- An excitement and keen interest for web.
- An eye for color and typography, and a penchant for layout.
- Understands, embraces, and protects brand aesthetic.
- Skilled at interpreting and following creative ideas & direction
- Have a bachelor’s degree in design or a related field.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Ability to work well within a small team environment; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- High sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities.
How to apply:
- Please send your resume, a link to your portfolio, and a brief (5-10 sentences) about why you want to work at United By Blue.
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We have a high energy, fast paced office environment that is built upon creative thinking and driven by results. Hard work is expected, so we have created a office environment that includes a few dogs, craft coffee, team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and quarterly team trips into the outdoors.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
- Paid unlimited vacation days.
- Medical and dental.
- Dogs in the office.
- Casual environment, no dress-code.
- Weird and wonderful team.
- Employee discount for United By Blue goods.
- Prodeal discounts for 3rd party goods.
- Free coffee and tea beverages available at our coffeehouse.
- Quarterly camping trips.