Swiftype is a growing team of talented search engineers and experts with a range of experiences and backgrounds. We’re looking for self-motivated and resourceful individuals who will help us continue delivering exceptional service to customers.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will take on a variety of responsibilities that will range from building example applications to showcasing the power and flexibility of the Swiftype Search platform. You’ll communicate directly with customers in order to intuitively assess their needs, helping them to achieve their search goals while also refining our developer knowledge base. If you see yourself as much a teacher as a coder, this position will be a terrific fit for you.
What you will do
- Consult with our customers in order to create technical roadmaps that ensure successful integrations of Swiftype Search into their websites/applications.
- Create customer facing developer tools and engaging documentation.
- Support customer cases that require advanced troubleshooting skills and a versatile knowledge of various web technologies.
- Help to create and maintain a framework for producing custom demos.
- Be a passionate advocate for our customer’s feedback and concerns.
- Partner with our Product & Engineering teams to develop internal tools that maximize the efficacy, quality, and impact of Swiftype Support.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders both in writing, over the phone, or in person.
- Excitement for learning technical systems (both Swiftype’s and those of our customers).
- A love of problem solving and a penchant for adaptive thinking.
- Experience using browser tools for testing, profiling, and advanced debugging of modern web applications.
Qualifications & Experience (the more the better)
- Excellent understanding of Ruby, Python, PHP, and/or other scripting languages.
- Building websites and integrating with CMS software such as WordPress and Drupal.
- Experience working directly with customers/clients, understanding their needs, and presenting optimal solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as an ability to multi-task.
- Comfort working in a Unix-based operating system such as Mac OS X or Linux.
- Accomplished GIF wrangler.
Skills You’ll Enrich
- Development using best practices alongside a team of highly skilled Senior Engineers.
- Design for broadly consumed tools and frameworks.
- Processes to effectively deploy, run, and interact with large scale production systems.
- Learning to work with UI that is both beautiful and functional
- Strategies to nurture a community of hundreds of thousands of websites and mobile applications.
- Appreciation for hot sauce varietals and pizza rolls.
If you find the above intriguing, we’d love to hear from you! Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects, etc.
- Competitive salary, equity packages, and retirement plans
- World-class healthcare, including dental and vision
- Catered breakfast and lunch, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Rest and relaxation with paid holidays and flexible time off
- Fun office events, team off-sites, and monthly happy hours
- Beautiful location in downtown SF and commuter benefits