Mariana Tek is revolutionizing the fitness industry by building the next generation in online reservation management, class scheduling, and point-of-sale software. We are looking for DevOps Engineers who are excited about the challenge of building and scaling our platform, taking mobile into new terrain, and disrupting the current marketplace. You will be a critical part of a small team responsible for managing the infrastructure for the Mariana platform serving millions of customers. Our team comes with extensive experience in building products for the fitness industry, and places a strong focus on innovation and automation. You will play a substantial role in making our product best-of-breed as we go up against large industry players.
In this position you will be responsible for optimizing the speed, confidence, reliability, and delivery of software and infrastructure changes. You will be responsible for building tools that enable the engineering team to work as efficiently and confidently as possible as well as engineering the infrastructure to help our platform scale to thousands of clients while monitoring and improving its performance.
- Maintain and improve our AWS cluster, including such things as fault tolerance, data backups, monitoring, and performance
- Develop a path towards true continuous deployment
- Evolve our stack to address new business needs and to scale with increasing demand
- Deploy our back and front-end code on a regular basis, normally after each 2-week sprint
- Take part in an on-call rotation schedule
- Working across our entire technology stack, including Python, Django, Redis, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, AWS, and more
- As automation and testing is core to our workflow, you will help to build testing environments, particularly for front-end to back-end integration testing, mobile testing, load testing, and more
- An appreciation for the power of automation and a desire to make machines do as much of your job as possible
- Familiarity with pieces of our existing stack and multi-tenant architecture is a plus, especially AWS, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL
- Programming experience (preferred Python but we’re flexible)
- Take part in and collaborate on our workflow. We do such things as 2-week sprints, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
What we’re like
We’re a small, close knit team working out of downtown DC. We take pride in our product - fast, beautiful software - and in our team - we’re diverse, inclusive, and nice.
We work hard but have busy personal lives as well - we’ve got 6 kids, 6 dogs, 6 cats, a horse, a rabbit, a turtle, a hardcore band and a crabcake blog to take care of.
We’re hoping to grow our team by hiring smart, kind, enthusiastic folks. We’re not saving the world, but we are working together to build a product that we’re proud of.
We value our employees in many ways, including providing a robust benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Stock options - having equity in the company enables the entire team to share in ownership and success
- Health, dental and vision insurance - premiums are fully paid for employees and heavily subsidized for dependents
- 401k with company match
- Three weeks of vacation, federal holidays, and sick time
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Smartbenefits for pre-tax allocations to Metro expenses, and Lyfts when you’re working late
- Employee referral program
- Weekly staff lunches, coffees, and in office snacks
Mariana Tek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We’re happy to talk to folks who are willing to relocate to Washington, DC.