Join our team working with cutting edge technology in the surging InsurTech industry!
We are an Enterprise software company that primarily builds and delivers a single instance web application hosted in Azure with a Microsoft SQL Azure data store. Out application consists of “islands” of single page application (SPA) style modules that are hosted within an ASP.Net shell. The company itself was bootstrapped by a single owner with no outside investment so our focus is on delivering a great experience to our current customers and building the products our next customers need.
This year the development team is in the process of working with a new UX architect to design a new experience that makes it easier and quicker to use our application, rolling out ad hoc reporting in the form of dashboards, widgets, and reporting throughout the application, and adding an entire new premium module in the form of a claims management product which will bring our product style to more InsurTech customers.
We’re looking for a developer that likes to solve problems and architect strong, stable solutions. Someone who can really think about consequences, ask good questions, and propose solutions to a team before writing a line of code. We’re an AGILE environment with a scrum master whose purpose is to support the development team in making the best product possible.
We work with individual people who are excellent at what they do in collaboration with other experts and would like to find someone who can show some leadership in terms of their code while having humility when acknowledging other expert’s contributions to the project, in other words, a strong team player.
Our project architect has stepped up to CTO leaving an opening for a strong leadership position on the development team, we plan on hiring more developers Q4-2017 or Q1-2018 giving you an opportunity to either help establish yourself as the leader of our larger future team or helping define what kind of next leader we’ll bring on board.
We use the following technologies/skills for 75+% of the project’s position
- Web.API (C#)
- WebHttpRequests (and other HTTP specific communications)
- Defining and implementing solutions based on a very small AGILE-style user story
- Visual Studio Team Services
- Visual Studio 2017
- AGILE SCRUM
The rest of these technologies are used regularly but not on every project.
- Microsoft T-SQL
- Regular expressions
- Recursive logic
- Dynamic scalable SQL table structures (row-based storage instead of column-based storage)
- Azure APIs (Azure Storage specifically)
- Izenda APIs (Ad hoc reporting)
- Crystal Reports SDK
- PDF Manipulation
• 401K with 10% match • $750/month benefits related allowance (vision, medical, gym reimbursements, copay reimbursements, etc) • Flexible hours, 1-2 days a week from home • Friendly casual working environment (shorts, darts, monthly team breakfasts, team movies, etc) • Passionate A-player teammates who are determined to succeed and do things “the most right”
In addition to your resume, we’d love to hear specifically, in a sentence or two, what you bring to this position, no fluff just a real aspect of what makes you an A-player who is passionate about what you do that makes you so awesome we “need” you!