A memorable cup of coffee starts with great coffee beans fresh roasted to perfection. Carbine Coffee was founded in 2016 and is on a mission to bring the latest in hardware automation, IoT, and AI to coffee roasting so that businesses can source and perfectly roast the best coffees in the world. We are seed-stage and venture-backed, looking for candidates who want to help build the future of the $70 billion US coffee market!
As the Senior Software Engineer you will join our small and dedicated full-time team of six, which currently consists of two co-founders (CEO, CTO) as well as our COO (spent last 10 years at a food technology company with over 20,000 placed machines and $100M+ in revenue), Head of Hardware Development, and Director of Coffee. We have 3 functional prototypes roasting great coffee on a daily basis and are ready to take the platform to the next level with a “scrappy not crappy” attitude and a belief that we are limited only by the scope of our imagination.
As a Sr. Senior Engineer working on our back-end, you will build the core business logic that holds together the platform’s components and all related IoT devices. You will build and expand APIs and services and define robust distributed architectures to form a coherent backend ecosystem.
Our ideal candidate will have intellectual curiosity and engineering rigor, moving fluidly between the needs of rapid prototyping and long-term development for production. You have designed, built and maintained APIs, services and distributed systems. You have debugged complex issues across multiple services and multiple levels of the stack. You have also worked with designers, engineers and product teams across the company to build new features at scale.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead by technical example
- BS in Computer Sciences, or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years of general software development and backend development
- Experience in clean data modeling, abstractions and API design
- Experienced with ReactJS, NodeJS, Golang [Go], and Python
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and organizations
- A passion for creating a robust and reliable product
What we can offer:
- We are passionate about what we do and hope you are too!
- More (hopefully good) coffee then anyone needs. Be popular amongst friends :)
- Trust in making the right choices around the tools needed to do the job
- Health benefits and meaningful stock options
- On-staff dogs
- Located in newly renovated offices in San Francisco/Mission District
Carbine Coffee is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.