Athos was developed to give athletes and coaches unprecedented insight into what happens at the muscular level, to better understand the physical output of their training and competitive performance. We are committed to helping athletes of all levels perform at their highest potential, in and out of competition. Our mission : build better athletes.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly-motivated and driven employees who help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation.
At Athos we are invested in exercise science and research to understand how our product can be best leveraged to build better athletes including injury recovery, performance and injury prevention. We’re looking for a highly motivated and talented candidate to join our team who’s passionate about the intersection of athletics, exercise science and data. The ideal candidate will leverage their experience to lead research projects spanning scope from scrappy experiments to published studies. We are looking for someone who can drive research efforts starting from formulating the questions to address, designing the experiment and distilling the data down into results and next steps.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Ph.D. and/or postdoctoral assignment in Applied Science, Science or comparable program
- 2+ years of industry experience preferred
- Programming and data analysis expertise
- Experience with python scientific packages
- Strong background in statistics and proven practical application to answer product questions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Background in exercise science and physiology and passion for athletics
- Lead research experiments and studies to support product developments grounded in sports science
- Lead case studies to build sport science context to help coaches and athletes make performance decisions with our product
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and build academic partnerships
- Work with internal teams and industry experts to formulate product questions and prioritization
- Formulate study data into results, learnings and next steps
- Manage and context switch between multiple projects in parallel
- Project planning and working cross functionally to set expectations on resources and timeline
What We Can Offer:
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Medical insurance through Cigna
- Dental & vision insurance through Guardian
- Life insurance
- Catered lunches and exceptional snack game
- In-house personal training, mobility workshops & yoga
- Long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Flexible PTO
Athos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.