A memorable cup of coffee starts with great coffee beans fresh roasted to perfection. Carbine Coffee was founded in 2016 and is on a mission to bring the latest in hardware automation, IoT, and AI to coffee roasting so that businesses can source and perfectly roast the best coffees in the world. We are seed-stage and venture-backed, looking for candidates who want to help build the future of the $70 billion US coffee market!
As the Electrical Engineer, you will join our small and dedicated full-time team of five, which currently consists of two co-founders (CEO, CTO) as well as our COO (spent last 10 years at a food technology company with over 20,000 placed machines and $100M+ in revenue), Head of Hardware, and Director of Coffee. We have 3 functional prototypes roasting great coffee on a daily basis and are ready to take the platform to the next level with a “scrappy not crappy” attitude and a belief that we are limited only by the scope of our imagination.
We are currently looking for an experienced, accomplished, and self-motivated Electrical Engineer to join our ever-growing team. The Electrical Engineer will work across a variety of functional groups that are directly involved in design, engineering, product development, and implementation. The ideal candidate is an inventive problem solver that is capable of working through technical challenges and employing pragmatic solutions.
Our ideal candidate will have intellectual curiosity and engineering rigor, moving fluidly between the needs of rapid prototyping and long-term development for production. You have experience with low and high voltages, heat sensors, motor control , WiFi, Bluetooth, and closed loop feedback systems. You will take off the shelf industrial controls into more realistic architecture for the consumers. You will also build the backbone of the platform, which moves beans around the country. The platform is the glue that holds together thousands of machines.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Capable of leading the electronic design of a system as one of a multidisciplinary team with major software, electronic, mechanical and other components
- Experience with all aspects of electronic system design: requirements, architecture, schematic design and PCB layout, bringup, test
- Capable of balancing development constraints, cost, performance, schedule and quality
- Familiar with common networking protocols, embedded system communications, embedded processors, basic analog design, motor control, sensor system design
- Excellent project management, planning and change management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and organizations
- A passion for creating a robust and reliable product
- Strong understanding of electrical manufacturing processes
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and in fast paced environments.
- Specialization in industrial control, motor control, embedded systems, IoT, digital design welcome but not required
- 6-8 years of experience designing electronic systems
- 2 years of experience managing electronics development (academic and/or industrial)
- BS or Masters in EE, or related/relevant field
What we can offer:
- We are passionate about what we do and hope you are too!
- More (hopefully good) coffee then anyone needs. Be popular amongst friends :)
- Trust in making the right choices around the tools needed to do the job
- Health benefits and meaningful stock options
- On-staff dogs
- Located in newly renovated offices in San Francisco/Mission District
Carbine Coffee is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.