Fathom Creative is a 25-year-old dynamic, creative services studio that delivers strategic and tactical solutions to global communications agencies. We’re building a new design team in New York to work onsite at one of the top PR firms in the world to support their business development efforts. Maintaining their #1 position requires a fresh, innovative, digitally-forward approach to everything we do.
That’s where you come in.
As Fathom’s creative lead, the responsibility — and rewards — are significant. Each week you’ll help our client continue to win industry awards and Fortune 100 accounts through your thoughtful integration of visual principles and digital advancements, honed creativity, and steady leadership.
You’ll also work on issues such as climate action, gender equality, hunger, health and well-being, sustainability and peace. You’ll contribute to social good by leveraging what you do best—create big ideas and daring work that helps raise awareness and changes lives for the better.
You’re a kind, outgoing, fiercely talented leader who wants to make an impact. You’re bored with simply making things pretty. By now you’ve learned that great design is smart design and the best solutions have a visual gestalt that’s informed by an astute understanding of the material. “Think deeper” isn’t just Fathom’s tagline, it’s your mantra.
What you’ll do:
- Customize your own team. Carefully choose and mentor the designers who will work under you to ensure they have what it takes to make you mutually successful.
- Immerse yourself and your team in multiple household brands and skillfully apply them across a wide array of digital and print deliverables.
- Dream up TED-level client presentations and generate purpose-driven, creative concepts that inspire action
- Contribute hands-on to projects from concept through execution, working side-by-side with your team
- Ensure quality across all aspects of project deliverables
- Travel periodically to DC and elsewhere for pitches, team cohesion, and events
- Share and maintain your expert knowledge of industry, consumer and competitive landscapes to inform insightful ideas
- Uphold and foster our positive, spirited culture and lead by example as you create a terrific place to work
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong portfolio equally showcasing conceptual thinking, visual design, and storytelling
- At least 8 years of design experience at a communications agency (PR, marketing, digital agency or similar environment) with at least 4 years in an Art Director role
- Competitive spirit, personal satisfaction when winning large and/or socially impactful accounts on behalf of our client through you/your team’s creativity and excellence
- Expert knowledge of video, animation, motion design and related software
- Comprehensive awareness and love of mobile platforms, emerging technologies, and trends
- Ability to work on multiple projects and brands simultaneously
- Ability to think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources
- Excellent communication skills and can easily to articulate (and persuasively sell) creative concepts within agency and directly to clients
- Mastery of relevant design tools, platforms, and software (Adobe Suite, Sketch, Microsoft Suite, etc.)
- Exceptionally solid branding and data visualization experience
- Pictionary skills so strong it’s basically a bloodbath
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and bonuses commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, etc.
- An opportunity to build and run your own studio within a larger organization
- Flexible work/life policies and other cultural benefits of working for an independent, progressive company
If this position sounds like a good fit and would be the next logical step in your career, please send your resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org We are excited to meet you!
• Competitive salary and bonuses commensurate with experience • Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, etc. • An opportunity to build and run your own studio within a larger organization • Flexible work/life policies and other cultural benefits of working for an independent, progressive company