We are a small design-driven team, focused on impeccable user experience. Simplicity, quality, and care inform our decisions and processes. We believe in a collaborative, feedback-rich design process, and feel that great experiences can only come from teams who care deeply. This is the company we’ve always wanted to exist. We share what this all means to us on our blog.
We need a senior software engineer with extensive Rails experience, to help us continue to develop our flagship customer feedback product, and build new innovative analytics and reporting tools that unlock insights across millions of pieces of customer feedback. You’ll work with the entire team in creating new customer-facing features, from idea, through prototype, to release and maintenance.
You’ll work on projects like: building data visualizations and rich reports to give customers deeper insight into patterns and trends in their feedback, analyzing and optimizing email delivery to improve response rates, implementing integrations with 3rd party services, or working to improve the responsiveness and reliability of our API.
You’re a product-centered software engineer who evaluates all of your work through the lens of user experience, regardless of which layer of the stack you’re working in. You’ve created a number of fully-formed software products that have been released into the wild. You believe that code is a means to an end, not the end itself.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Our backend runs on Rails with MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch on AWS. You should have 5+ years of experience building scalable and maintainable services with Ruby or Rails.
- We’ve helped our customers collect millions of responses. We use machine learning and statistical analysis to help make sense of this feedback. You should have an analytical approach and experience building complex data visualizations and the APIs that power them.
- We write automated tests for all of our code. You should be passionate about testing since you know it’s the only way to deliver high quality software.
- User experience shapes everything we build. You should have a solid understanding of design fundamentals.
What We Can Offer
- Work remotely or from our beautiful downtown Palo Alto office
- Top-tier health insurance with maximized benefits and coverage
- Unlimited equipment budget
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Unlimited vacation and paid time off