Lead/Senior Software Engineer
At Notable Labs
Changing the way cancer is treated is our mission, which starts with putting patients first. We’ve developed a high throughput robotic lab platform that uses a patient’s live tumor cells — in a microenvironment that mimics the human body — to predict the safest and most effective cancer treatments. We screen thousands of FDA-approved drug combinations against the patient’s own cancer cells to identify drug combinations that can be immediately prescribed by their doctor without a clinical trial. The end result of our process is a report which prioritizes therapeutic options for the patient based on how well the treatment targets their cancer cells relative to healthy cells.
Our platform is also used by a number of biotech and pharmaceutical partners to test the biological impact of novel drug combinations in a physiologically relevant environment, which improves and accelerates the drug development process. We harness the power of data science, lab automation, and software engineering to personalize cancer treatment and enhance drug development.
Our investors include Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, several prominent angels and seed-stage funds, and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, a venture philanthropy firm founded by Steve Case. We have offices and a laboratory in San Francisco’s SoMa district.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A motivational and ego-free technical leader and contributor who loves taking on tough technical challenges, mentoring, and cultivating a positive engineering culture
- 5+ years of production experience working in a technical stack similar to ours with
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Unix, Git, and other command line tools
- Contributed significant production quality work that is demonstrated through your GitHub account, personal web page, or prior experience
- Significant experience testing critical code
- Passionate about building scientific software for domain experts to improve and personalize the treatment of cancer
- DevOps experience with AWS, Docker, CI/CD, logging/monitoring/metrics, Redis, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/training
- Build data-rich web applications for scientists and laboratory users to visualize scientific data, talk to robots, drive laboratory workflows, organize medical knowledge, and facilitate cancer treatment discovery.
- Lead architecture and design reviews and break complex technical project up into tractable roadmap.
- Mentor software and non-software engineers on code craft, testing methodologies, architecture design, etc.
- Design frontend and backend software that is modular and easily testable.
- Write test code that matters, is lightweight, is easy to extend, and supports your quick development cycles.
- Work in a dynamic interdisciplinary environment on multi-functional project teams of: software engineers, automation engineers, data scientists, machine learning experts, bioengineers, computational biologists, process engineers, clinical and R&D scientists, etc.
At Notable Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.