Do you love diving deep into complex problems, learning about people and their everyday needs and goals, and working on a wide variety of products and services? We’re a dedicated user experience design firm looking to add another designer to our team.
Fuzzy Math is a leading user experience design, strategy, and innovation consultancy in Chicago. Though we’re a small team, we work with clients of all sizes across industries, from covert startups to Fortune 500 household names like GE Healthcare, Microsoft, and Threadless. We work across the user experience space, including design for mobile, web, and emerging technologies. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver fantastic results with small, agile teams. We’re dedicated to user experience design, from top to bottom — everyone is involved in UX work.
Do good work. Be good people. Beyond our client work, we strive to give back through charitable giving and pro bono projects. We’re an active member of both the design community, and the Chicago community at large.
We’re based in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, easily accessible by public transportation.
As a User Experience Designer at Fuzzy Math, you’ll be expected to work directly with clients to help solve complex problems using a user centered design process. This means both understanding the design process, and being able to communicate your ideas clearly to others.
You’ll be expected to:
- Plan, conduct, and analyze design research
- Understand client needs and requirements
- Design effective, innovative solutions to complex problems
- Define information architecture, interaction design, and functional requirements for products across various mediums, including desktop and mobile
- Communicate ideas clearly both within Fuzzy Math and to clients
- Have an eye for detail and a pride in your work
- Be an active member of the Fuzzy Math team. As a small team, every person can have a great impact throughout the office. We all learn from one another, and want someone who’s excited both to learn and teach.
Visual Design and Front End Development are separate roles at Fuzzy Math and while useful skills, are not central to the User Experience Designer role.
Skills and Experience
In general, we prefer a Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in HCI, UCD or a related field, or other direct experience in the field of User Experience Design.
You should have a fundamental understanding of wireframes, prototypes, IA documentation, personas, design research, and usability testing.
As part of our team, you’ll have the benefit of:
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Awesome co-workers
- Flexible hours
- Limited project travel
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Continuing education and conferences stipend
- Free breakfast and snacks
- No dress code
- Entire office closed down for final two weeks of the year
- Frequent team outings (in the past these have included: walking tours, bike trips, kayaking, bowling, Cubs games, and we’re always looking for new ideas)
- Wake up and enjoy going to work
If you’ve made it to the end of this post, it’s important to note that when you apply please let us know why you would specifically be a good fit here at Fuzzy Math.
And Thanks! We know this process isn’t always that fun.
Contact us with a bit about yourself, a link to your portfolio, and your resume to apply.