Join Healthy Building Network (HBN) as our Senior Product Manager to help shape our growth trajectory and lead innovative products like Pharos and Portico. HBN conducts research and builds data platforms that allow global and national partners to evaluate and select healthier chemicals, materials, and products.
The Senior Product Manager leads and works closely with our engineers to guide technology products from conception to launch, bridging the technical and business worlds as you design products and services that our customers and partners love. You will work with partners like Google, Harvard, Georgia Tech, Perkins+Will, and non-profit affordable housing practitioners (to name a few). You will also work with HBN’s research and leadership teams. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development and technologies that improve improve human and environmental health through hazardous chemical removal.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Product Manager to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the organization. This position is full-time and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
About Healthy Building Network: HBN’s mission is to advance human and environmental health by improving chemical hazard transparency and inspiring product innovation. Since 2000, HBN has been the leading organization to pioneer tools, research, and policies that elevate human health to a top priority in the building industry. HBN’s work falls into four (4) core programmatic and service categories: 1) Research – Uncovering cutting edge information about healthy building materials and chemical hazard impacts that negatively impact human and environmental health; 2) Policy and Advocacy – Advancing systems change; 3) Data Systems – Influencing and cataloging product transparency, chemical hazards, and quantifying and measuring results; 4) Education and Capacity Building – developing others’ capabilities to make informed decisions.
- Supervise and Manage a 3-person Engineering Team, and engage in growth plans.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, execution, and launch of innovative products
- Define the strategy and feature roadmap and articulate user stories
- Establish shared vision across the organization by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Structure and execute early experiments and tests to validate the efficacy of the product and prioritize feature development
- Integrate usability analytics, value proposition, and market research into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction and drive product improvements
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand competitive analysis and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency to ensure creative solutions are completed and performance requirements are met
- Develop new products and enhance existing products
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- 5+ years of product management experience with a focus on software products and technologies
- Organizational and analytical skills
- A proven track record of products you have led and delivered on time
- 5+ years of experience in technical architecture of web applications
- 5+ years of experience working with Agile development teams
- 5+ years experience creating examples through wire-frames and mock-ups
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant background
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Supervisory and Management experience, and demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Applicants will be required to submit a portfolio of their projects.
LOCATION: Preference for Washington, DC or San Francisco, CA, though we have staff located across the country and will consider other locations.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
HBN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Please provide a letter of interest, a resume and portfolio of projects. Please, no phone calls. Applications accepted until position is filled.