Content strategy and creative ideation plays a crucial role at Distilled. We are seeking a passionate storyteller and conceptual thinker who can collaborate with a team of creatives to develop innovative digital campaigns.
As a part of the Creative team, this role reports to the VP of London and will lead creative campaigns from ideation to completion. A successful Content Strategist will understand how to translate client objectives into compelling brand stories that drive results. S/he will present these ideas with confidence and effectively manage the creative process ensuring client expectations are exceeded.
About the Role
Each day as a Content Strategist will be different, but a typical day could include:
- Participating in client meetings to understand clients’ business objectives and marketing goals
- Working with consultants to define project scope, costs, timelines and expectations
- Developing creative briefs to ensure the marketing strategy and creative direction are aligned
- Leading the ideation of story-driven creative campaigns alongside consulting and promotions teams
- Assessing the feasibility of concepts and developing pitch decks to present finalised campaigns to clients
- Developing messaging strategy, competitive analysis and content framework to guide creative campaigns
- Oversee the creative process from concept to completion. Leading the design and user experience process ensuring the campaign matches the client’s brand and story.
- Collaborating with Consultants to report campaign updates and results
- While the core responsibilities of this role will center around creative ideation and project management, a Content Strategist may also deliver:
- Content development plans including developing voice and tone guidelines, editorial calendars and content distribution plans
- Managing content production with in-house writers and freelancers
- Content audits and gap analysis
- Audience research and persona analysis
- Customer journey maps through discovery strategies such as focus groups, interviews and surveys
- Copywriting and editing for short and long-form content
- Content development trainings
- 3+ years in a digital environment with an emphasis on content strategy and managing interactive campaigns
- You’ll understand the value of content and how to communicate that through appropriate KPIs
- Well-rounded portfolio of digital campaigns showing an understanding of content and digital marketing strategies
- Well-versed in content distribution channels; their associated audiences and limitations
- Strong understanding of how to lead and direct creative ideation
- Understanding of how to use qualitative and quantitative research to develop successful pitches and campaigns
- Proven capability to translate creative concepts to compelling client presentations
- Ability to manage multiple projects/teams at once while staying within timeline and budgets
- Ability to balance creative and operational needs
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Effective project management and reporting skills
25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, Subsidised private healthcare and life insurance, 5% pension matching, Subsidised gym membership, A £750 happiness budget so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor or training, and drinks and snacks on Friday.