We are looking for a Senior Android Mobile Developer to help shape the future of smart home technology. You’ll have the opportunity to put your expertise to use by working on applications that make automation within the smart home possible. Your code will be used by hundreds of thousands of households globally.
- The position will last for a minimum of 6 months and you can work remotely. (Option to extend contract)
- You’ll need to overlap your day with 9-5 BST hours
- You’ll need to be located within -/+ 2 hours of BST
- Strong knowledge of Java is required. Real world experience building and maintaining Android apps is a must - from UI to APIs
- Confident working in a team
- Exceptional written and spoken English skills
- Experience with MVP and dependency injection using Dagger 2
- Working knowledge of RxJava 2
- Knowledge of BLE and WiFi APIs for device communication
- Min. 4 years Android experience is required
- Experience required working with APIs, Git, and complex server side design
- Experience working in an agile software team environment
- Work in an agile team, taking part in standups, and retrospectives (Via Zoom - video)
- Understand the structure of existing applications and how to work with them
- Interact regularly with our client’s technical team
- Use your knowledge of Java to contribute to an existing application
- Review commits of other team members
What we look for
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different languages. We admire developers who take initiative, make their own decisions and implement them clearly. Front end knowledge is also a bonus.
As a Purepoint developer you will work in a small and close-knit group. Our mindset is focused on constant iteration and improvement.
Team & tools
As part of our team, we will give you all of the tools necessary to excel at your role. We use Jira, Trello, Slack, Github and Zoom in our day-to-day business.
Our managerial structure is very flat. We put customer experience and satisfaction first and really believe in delivering a service that is cutting edge.
Purepoint is a remote-first software development agency. We help businesses build better bespoke software. Clients range from rising startups to household brand names.
The projects we do are incredibly varied but they share one overarching theme – putting great minds together to build better software. You’ll have the opportunity to help businesses embrace the newest technology and bring better services to market.
If you like the idea of continuously improving, working at Purepoint is a great decision. We provide everything you need to excel at your role and we’ll do our best to keep interruptions and meetings to a minimum.
Remote working, Great pay, Flexibility around working methods and hours, A minimal approach to meetings