As a UX Designer, you are at the front line of everything we do. You’re working with our team to take on industry giants; leading with a solid innovation process, curiosity, and collaboration. You’ll translate complex tasks into fluid, accessible experiences. Our designers are tasked with not only making our platform usable, but a tool that naturally fits into the lives of our users. Achieving this requires designers with an ability to dive into a complex challenge, work through it with a variety of team players, including the end users. Our designers are passionate about user-research, story mapping and testing ideas to find what works.
We’re a unique mix of design thinkers, misfits, engineers, creative technologists and dedicated problem solvers. We hire individuals who know their craft and are driven to learn. The culture of learning and sharing is fundamental and essential as we take on challenges that have defined and limited an industry.
On a regular day here at SimpleNexus, you’ll find us working together in small groups, collaborating, and contributing insights, feedback and testing out ideas. If you dropped in on our meetings, it would be immediately evident that we all are curious, driven to try out ideas and love to wrangle complex problems together.
Working with us is demanding but rewarding work. You’ll be supported and surrounded by a group of smart, friendly and engaging people, who all look out for each other.
- Craft customer journeys, prototype and document detailed user experience flows that address business, brand and user requirements for web and app
- Lead usability and explorational testing sessions; you’d be running weekly usability tests to identify areas of needs for new projects and what needs to be worked on
- Analyze and organize complex content structures through collaboration with our various teams
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects
- Create consistent and flexible UI styles as we expand the feature set
- 3-7 years of experience as a UX/UI designer or in a related field—we know that designers come by their trade in different ways. What we really want is to see what you can do and if you can fit in with what we’re doing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design, HCI, Communications, or related field
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas in writing and person-to-person
- Understanding of common practices creating content architecture and user interfaces
- Experience working with scenarios, workflows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, etc. —this is almost specifically generic; in short, we’re looking for an experienced UX/UI designer
- Comfortable contributing to group collaboration sessions
- Understanding of web technologies and their impact on proposed design solutions
- Experience in Etch A Sketch preferred
We will only accept applicants that have a portfolio that we can review. Please include a link to your portfolio in addition to your resume.