We make Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin easy to use, strive to be the trusted brand in the space, and have built the world’s leading platform for digital currency integration.The mission at Coinbase is to create an open financial system for the world. As a Senior Backend Engineer at Coinbase you will help build the future of payments infrastructure and digital currencies.
Coinbase is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join the team who has experience in owning an end to end process. The ideal candidate will work on the payment backend and other critical features of the overall infrastructure. This is the perfect role for a growth-focused engineer who finds meaning in building amazing products that scale. This is also an amazing opportunity to work on a globally-used product alongside a passionate team of financial disruptors.
In case you are wondering what technologies we use at Coinbase, we’re built using a combination of Ruby, Node.js, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Swift (for iOS), and Java (for Android). Prior experience with these exact languages/technologies is not required
The ideal candidate will spend 60% of the day in hands on coding, while the rest of the role will require a forward thinking, flexible engineer who can help drive products and features along with pair programming and other mentorship opportunities.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of Ruby on rails or Python
- Must be open to learning new tech.
- Web Development knowledge
- Strong CS Fundamentals. (CS degree OR other STEM focus)
- Experience working on complex projects
- Project ownership background and experience with driving and managing decisions and their results.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with payment systems OR cryptocurrency.
- Team Leadership experience is a plus.
- Own your own projects from conception to launch
- The option of getting paid in bitcoin
- Work whenever you work best (flexible hours)
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it
- 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave
- 7 year post termination option exercise window (for employees who stay 2 years or more) vs the industry standard 90 days
- Coinbase covers 100% of medical/vision/dental benefits for employees
- Commuter benefits (up to $255/month paid by Coinbase)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.