We strive to provide every teacher and student with a smoothly functioning and beautifully-designed learning experience. In fact, we’re even building a curriculum of design classes that teach design the way we would have wanted to learn it. We’re growing fast, and there’s lots to be done - so you must be someone who’s energized by the idea of achieving our ambitious goals together with your teammates in Design, Engineering, Education, and Marketing.
You’re a critical thinker with an innovative approach to making products simple enough for anyone to understand and use. We’re very goal and metric-oriented and prefer to say no to 99% of ideas in favor of focusing and shipping things out the door.
- Produce beautiful and usable interfaces for our teachers and students
- Help establish and reinforce consistent visual design patterns across Skillshare’s platforms, including mobile
- Work with product managers and engineers to define and understand the design and product challenges our students and teachers are facing
- Create digital experiences that tell and elevate the Skillshare story and brand
- Combine insights from user feedback and data to guide your design choices
- 3 to 5 years experience designing digital experiences and products, including mobile
- A portfolio of amazing UI and strategic user experiences, work we can click on or download in the app store
- Comfortable managing user research and translating findings into actionable design items
- Experience working directly with engineers and managing clear project handoffs when design is complete
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions
- You are a strategic and collaborative thinker; able contribute to the strategy of features and how to execute
- You have an inherent talent for creating simple, clear solutions from complex problems
- You have good taste and an eye for color, space, typography, and other impactful design details
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS would be beneficial
Skillshare’s mission is to create an open meritocracy in the new economy by providing universal access to professional development and opportunities. With more than 15,000 classes taught by 4,000+ practicing professionals, we have helped more than 2.5 million students build the skills they need to succeed. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia and Omidyar Network.