Chromatic is looking for an outgoing and motivated developer with strong communication skills who would be excited to work with a group of talented individuals, but more importantly, a strongly-bound team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with clients on engagements to deliver exceptional code, consulting and advice.
- Participate in and contribute to peer code reviews and project stand-ups.
- Evangelize development/process best practices to Chromatic’s clients and the community.
- Engage with the open source community via code contributions, projects, presentations, blog posts, etc.
What We Are Looking For
Experience with the following is required:
- PHP and general application development experience.
- Object-oriented design.
- Creation of and adherence to best practices.
- REST web services.
- Responsive web and/or mobile applications.
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Strong Drupal development experience.
- CSS preprocessors.
- Task runners.
- Git and GitHub pull request/code review workflows.
- Agile project management methodologies.
Some Other Important Traits
- Chromatic is a distributed team, so strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are of the utmost importance.
- The ability to brainstorm ideas, do research, remain current with industry trends and best practices.
- Enthusiasm, personality, teamwork and a positive attitude count tremendously.
What sets Chromatic apart from a typical job?
- Work from wherever you want, whenever you want - Our office is completely distributed, you may work from wherever is most effective for you. We encourage our team members to work when it is convenient for them, when they’ll do their best work.
- Reasonable Bookings - We book our team members with a max of 30-35 hours per week for project work. We believe more than that is asking too much. The other 5-10 hours is reserved for team meetings, community contribution, and professional/skill development.
- Vacation - Chromatic does not set rigid vacation limits. We encourage our people to take vacation when they want/need it. So long as it doesn’t interfere with existing contracts or compromise project deadlines, we’re all for it.
- Health Insurance - Chromatic provides competitive medical/dental/vision insurance.
- 401(k) - Chromatic provides employees a 401k plan along with a 3% employer contribution.
- Disability Insurance - Chromatic provides both short and long term disability insurance.
- Life Insurance - All employees are provided with a term life insurance policy.
- Hardware - Chromatic is primarily an Apple-based company, but we allow our team members to choose their own hardware and we ensure everyone has up-to-date equipment and software.
- Exciting Projects - Chromatic consistently participates in projects with exciting, high-profile brands and some of the most highly trafficked sites on the web; some of which include Martha Stewart, NBC / MSNBC, Shape, Parents, Casper, State Farm, Emeril Brands, Adobe.
- Conferences - Chromatic frequently sends team members to attend and speak at industry conferences, including Drupalcon.
- Company Retreat - Once a year, we gather the entire company to spend quality time together away from our desks.
- Spotify Subscription - Music is important to us; we provide for a Spotify subscription (or equivalent) for all of our employees.
- Drupalize.me Membership - Want to spend your extra hours improving your Drupal skills? We have a Drupalize.me membership at the ready.
- UrbanSitter Membership - For our team members with child care needs.
- Workflow - We firmly believe in a strong, consistent deployment workflow. We insist on proper code reviews on all of our projects. This not only ensures our code quality but more so, makes us better developers.
- Team & Culture - We work and support each other as a team. We make an effort to get together numerous times per year and support each other personally and professionally at every opportunity.