HigherEducation.com partners with many of the most recognizable names in the online education industry to help them build their programs and expand student bases with our 75M annual site visitors. We also love to use cutting edge technologies to make developer life enjoyable and more productive.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on UX Analyst with a lot of vision that can own big product initiatives. You’ll be thinking about context, use cases, user goals & leveraging user research to provide insight and design user interfaces that maximize engagement and conversion. You know all about conversion optimization, you are constantly learning more about new methods and can apply them across our online assets. You are a problem solver with research, design, and analytical skills to allow you to make informed decisions on our suite of products. You have a passion for experimentation and are constantly looking for the next best product. You are comfortable driving product changes based on user feedback and test data.
This position requires:
- Conduct usability testing of software using established methodologies.
- Build interface prototypes and/or wireframes (mockups).
- Work with product managers, engineers, designers and subject matter experts to provide guidance on and validation of products
- Expertise in conversion optimization and A/B testing
- Passion for measurement / reporting / analytics – you like to measure the results of each action
- Heavy experience with web analytics (GA, MixPanel) and anonymous user surveys
- Ensure that designs follow established design standards and patterns.
Bonus Skills (recommended):
- Qualitative research experience
- Experience using Sketch, Photoshop, Axture, Balsamic and/or Invision
- Sales and marketing
- Web design and development processes
- Familiar with PPC & SEO
What it’s like:
Last year, we had a blast. We personally enjoy challenging the status quo to unlock further potential with innovative approaches of UX.
Each project is fairly small in scope with a large amount of flexibility and freedom to discuss & find the best solution for a problem. Usually, a single person heads up a project, collaborates with another for architecture & development, and eagerly looks forward to launching (rather than endlessly polishing).
- Centrally located in downtown Houston, free employee parking.
- Coed work environment, casual dress code.
- Cool office perks (e.g. sodas & coffee, happy hours, etc.).
- Generous salary considerations & full benefits.
- 6% 401k matching
- 100% health / vision / dental for you & subsidies for the rest of your family
- 15 vacation & sick days / yr.
- Gym membership reimbursement up to $100/mo
What We Value:
We love to work as a team but office hours are flexible. Producing is more important than meeting a 9 to 5 schedule. We work hard and meet realistic deadlines.
We like to have a good time and minimize stress with good in-office coffee, ping pong, lounge/reading time and regular happy hours.