About Brava Home:
We’re an IoT company focused on elevating and simplifying the in-home food experience. Our team consists of IoT and consumer software & hardware rockstars who have shipped products like the August Lock, Kindle and iPhone, as well as product, marketing and business trailblazers who have led multiple companies to high-profile exits. Are you a foodie looking to work with an amazing team that will both challenge and support you? Let’s talk!
- Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our backend services on GCP
- Work with development teams to enhance, document, establish process and improve the operability and security of our systems
- Help to maintain the overall health, security, and performance of our web applications and backend services
- Ensure 24/7 support and troubleshooting for a production environment
- Ensure our production systems are securely backed up and plans for restore are well defined and verified
- Proactively identify, analyze and improve on potential build and release pipeline bottlenecks
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Excellent problem solving skills with a desire to take on responsibility
- Active learner, up-to-date with industry trends, a passion for new technology
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services such as GCP, AWS, and Azure (expert knowledge of GCP is required) and automation tools
- Expert knowledge in Docker and Kubernetes
- Expert knowledge in configuring and maintaining build & deployment automation with Jenkins, TravisCI, or CircleCI
- Strong scripting skills in Bash, Python
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Strong network knowledge in configuring and maintaining firewall, VPN, proxies & load balancers for all our services, across multiple data centers and/or geo locations.
- Basic to advanced programming skills using popular languages such as Python, Node.JS, etc.
- Familiarity with large scale databases and proficiency in Postgres & Redshift
- At least 2 years experience in a development or DevOps role supporting development teams in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge in other cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure is a plus
- Experience with microservice architecture is plus
- Experience in writing and tuning SQL queries, stored procedures
Why you should work here:
- You’ll be compensated with competitive salary, equity and benefits
- We’ll trust you to do things right
- Your feedback and opinions are valued and heard
- We’re at an early stage and provide significant career growth opportunity
- You’ll be creating something that people love and use on a daily basis!