Since 1996, Electric Pulp has focused on developing cutting-edge interactive solutions. We’re looking for a Web Developer who can help us continue to produce top-of-the-line digital experiences for our clients. So if you’re great at what you do, and what you do happens to be front-end development, we want to hear from you.
We prefer that you are or could be local to Sioux Falls, SD, but don’t let your location stop you from making contact. We understand that the right fit might not live here. We do need you to be a U.S. resident, however.
About The Job
While coding is the core function of this role, there are a few other things we’ll be looking for:
- Ability to work well with others
- Self-starter tendencies (especially important if you’re out of the area)
- Dedication required to meet a deadline
- Interest in and proven history of learning new methods and technologies
- Ability to write effectively and without typos
This position is available now and is already loaded with work, so you’ll need to hit the ground running. We want someone looking to grow and improve, but we need you to have skill from day one.
Things You Should Have
- 2+ years of experience
- Expert knowledge of standards-compliant HTML5 & CSS3 (& preprocessors) as well as Responsive (RWD) techniques and methods
- Sketch/Photoshop proficiencyExperience with CMS platforms (e.g., WordPress)
- Familiarity with PHP frameworks (e.g., Laravel)
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks (e.g., Bootstrap)
- Familiarity with ecommerce platforms helpful (e.g., Magento)
- Knowledge of version control (Git)
- Understanding of onsite SEO and content hierarchy
- Understanding of accessibility best practices
- Understanding that code needs to work across devices/browsers
Cheat Mode / Real Talk
It’s tough to list things we want you to be into. Familiar with Bower? Great! It’s not a deal breaker, though. Have experience with Magento or React? YOU NEED TO SHOUT THAT AT US RIGHT NOW. We’re flexible, though. Tell us what you’re good at.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Paid time off for vacations or illness
- Excellent health insurance (company pays full single rate)
- Vision / Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- SimpleIRA Retirement account with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Laptop provided
- Competitive Ping Pong environment
- Things to drink
We’re very serious about our work, but the team is cool, the projects are fulfilling and the Fridays allow for casual attire. As do the other days.
Send us your resumé and your github repo or examples of your work in the wild. We look forward to hearing from you.