Are you a UX or visual designer with strong writing skills? Do you enjoy reading the latest news and finding the newest trends? Are you a self-starter with 5 hours a week to devote to a new endeavor? You might be the UX Booth contributing editor we’re looking for.
Position: UX Booth Design Editor
- UX Booth editors work one-on-one with authors to bring articles from pitch to publication, helping them to:
- Clarify their theses
- Find relevant, real-world examples
- Finesse sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, etc
- Editors make judgement calls on when articles are ready for publication, and what authors can do to improve their work.
- Editors are required to attend a weekly check-in meeting to keep the full team aware of upcoming publication dates.
- Editors are expected to spend no more than 5 hours a week on UX Booth-related work.
- Editors are paid a monthly stipend for their contributions.
- Though not required, UX Booth editors are given frequent opportunities to publish their own work on UX Booth.
- Editors are given access to the latest books on UX, and are given opportunities to interview well renowned, as well as up-and-coming authors.
- UX Booth editors are given opportunities and tickets to represent UX Booth at conferences, if and when they are available and interested in attending.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong writing skills
- Editing experience
- A background in UX design or visual design