We’re LendingHome. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the world of mortgages and put the power, and the keys, where they belong—in your hands.
We are excited to be in the process of designing our new in-house Design Org. At the core of this careful, thoughtful process is finding extraordinarily talented individuals who desire to work in an environment where we all share the belief that ‘Design is how it works’*. At LendingHome we are building the future; a key aspect of our growth is building inherent value in our products through design. The Design Org is responsible for all Visual, User Experience, and Product Design at LendingHome. Our partnerships include deep collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Marketing. Our audience includes consumers as well as internal professional users.
*Steve Jobs, 2003 New York Times article “The Guts of a New Machine.”
As a leader in the Design Org your role will be to develop and promote User Experience Design as a core practice within our product lifecycle. You will understand the motivation, desire, and needs of our audience. Applying that knowledge to our shared vision of the future you will be responsible for identifying UX paths to success for complex opportunities in our business plan. You will represent the Design Org during internal presentations, C-level stakeholder meetings, and cross-departmental initiatives.
The perfect candidate will be a natural simplifier, steeped in observation and listening skills, with the masterful mix of design skills borne from intuition, empathy, and research experience.
- Lead UX Design efforts on multiple concurrent projects
- Manage and mentor junior designers in the Design Org
- Define, share and deliver work to ensure project excellence
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, user research, identifying deliverables, estimating effort, design, UAT, post-launch evaluation, and stakeholder communication.
- Present work and rationale to stakeholders.
- Create and maintain documentation and deliverables for multiple stakeholders: partners, visual design and engineers
- Design applications and product experiences either from concept or as an iteration on existing platforms
- Individual contributions will include creating personas, user journey maps, information architecture models, wireframes, prototypes, conducting research interviews, and shadowing users.
- Assist or lead on research initiatives
- Articulate decisions with research data, design principles or other objective information
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and user-centered design practices.
- Keep abreast of digital trends and capabilities and ensure junior members of the team are trained up on newest developments
- Conceptualize and articulate strong, user-centered and delightful interactions
- 5 + years of experience.
- Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
- Understanding of design research, user experience design processes and methodology, its value and how to integrate into work.
- Expertise in tools common to modern Visual and UX Design work: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure/Invision/Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, etc.
- You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills.
- You can observe, analyze, question, and conceptualize.
- You can articulate your decision and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace.
- You are reliable. You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arises.
- You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value.
- Curiosity that drives you to look at the world as a solution instead of just existing patterns and mental models.
- Some experience or exposure to Engineering, especially client-side, a plus but not required.
We were founded in 2013 with one big, exciting goal: to revolutionize the world of mortgages. By 2016, our small, dynamic team had originated over $1 billion in loans. Come join us on our mission to fill the path to homeownership with confidence, clarity, and candor. We’ve combined an all-star team with groundbreaking technology, and we’re guided in everything we do by our seven pillars of culture; Great people are key. Always be improving. Innovation at our core. Simple and scalable. Relentless Execution. Total team effort. Find a way to win.
We invest in your future
- Company Equity
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance
We invest in your health
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Healthy eating options in the office
- A Flexible Time Off Policy
We know you’re hungry
- Delivered lunches - Thank you Eat Club
- Fully stocked kitchens from cereal to broccoli
- Variety of healthy (and naughty) beverages
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer