Since 2001, FiveStone has locked arms with organizations fighting to make our world a better place. These partners all share one thing in common: the guts to take the unconventional path to foster human flourishing, dignity, and sustainability in all areas of their organizations. Whether an early stage endeavor or an incumbent desiring change, our work is designed to drive positive outcomes – social, environmental, and economic – for all stakeholders.
The Project Manager initiates, maintains and manages the client’s marketing projects at the agency on an ongoing and project basis. They direct and coordinate the day-to-day agency efforts toward delivering value to the client and profitability to the agency. This role ensures that the agency has:
- Sound and responsible marketing project management and planning.
- The right type and amount of resources.
- Proper and innovative execution of work, on schedule.
- A consistently superior creative product that accomplishes the marketing outcomes.
This individual should have a broad background and business acumen including team management, project scoping and budgeting, project development lifecycles and analysis, and risk mitigation. They have a marketing background, ideally with social enterprises and nonprofits, and an interest in and aptitude for producing creative and marketing solutions. This individual oversees the planning and execution of branding and integrated campaigns, both analog and digital, and is well versed in working across multiple platforms and mediums.
In addition to taking projects from beginning to end, this forward thinking leader will be creating and maintaining processes that support a better production environment. Team members and client projects should be stronger and more efficient with you at the helm.
Overall this role provides two core functions:
Project Planning: You can look at a well researched and written strategy or brief and turn it into a comprehensive execution plan that includes tasks, timelines, and talent. To accomplish this, you have the access and talent to speak intelligently into all stages of the project conversations — discovery to delivery — and guide the production team’s efforts to complete the project.
Resource Management and Leadership: After developing a plan, you can organize the necessary personnel and resources to see a project accomplished according to schedule and budget. You are guiding the concepting, content and design teams– internal and external members – to accomplish all project goals and milestones, assuring the project is on time, on budget and within scope each step of the way.
What You Will Do - Each day your work will focus on these kinds of activities:
- Define project scope, estimating and writing scope of works as you work with the Account Manager in the creation of project specifications and plans.
- Determine project risk on an ongoing basis, escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluate and request best team makeup for assigned projects.
- Monitor out of scope requests, initiates additional estimates and approvals with the help of the Account Manager.
- Map out executional points to accomplish the defined strategy.
- Pinpoint correct technologies and modern mediums to accomplish a client’s outcomes.
- Assist in contract and proposal creation to make sure they address client needs and outcomes at an executional level.
- Guide a team of designers, developers, marketers and others to execute on the plan.
- Identifying, vetting, selecting and managing outside contractors and vendors to complete work when necessary.
- Pivoting when necessary based on new strategic initiatives or client changes.
- Making sure that work remains on schedule and on budget throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Maintaining and improving processes by which projects can be accomplished.
- Delivering the highest quality, most creative projects possible to the client.
What You Know - Because of your past experience or independent learning, you have a healthy mix of this knowledge:
- A marketing background, ideally with social enterprises and nonprofits, and an interest in and aptitude for producing creative and marketing solutions.
- A baseline competency and knowledge of current digital and social frameworks, platforms, tools, products, etc.
- How to deploy excellent communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings, lead presentations and manage communications in a responsive, friendly and professional manner.
- How to take a project from the first draft of a proposal to a finished solution.
- How to prioritize your work based on client and agency dynamics.
- How to manage multiple projects, teams and timelines.
- The way to gracefully and tactfully say “yes” as well as “no” and defend your answer in a way that adds value to the team and client.
- How to integrate into a dynamic client services approach that involves account teams and strategy leads on one side, and copywriters, designers, developers, and creative directors on another.
Who You Are - You have a healthy mix of these qualities:
- You derive satisfaction from managing teams toward pre-planned goals as they output quality, valuable work.
- You have worked in an agency, studio, marketing department, or startup before performing a similar role.
- You have a worked on website projects, either as the project manager or content manager.
- You have a degree in something, who knows what, but you definitely paid for one.
- You think on the fly and can articulate your ideas in-real time, and with clarity.
- You like to research and dig into new fields to gain a better understanding.
- You love the idea of working with nonprofits and social enterprises, even those with a religious background or charter.
- You are detailed oriented and balance a hint of perfectionism with the grace to speak positively as you encourage resources to deliver great work.
- You like being an integral part of a team.
FiveStone is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We believe a diverse workplace is a great workplace.